Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Avid Memer
5,958 Posts
Here is all I could find on that, but it looks like you don't need a discrete graphics card.

• Rep+
Reactions: vini

·
Retired
2,445 Posts
Going to be a bit awkward connecting three displays to that motherboard since it has an HDMI, DVI and VGA output.

HDMI would be 4096*2160
DVI would be 1920*1200
VGA would be 1920*1200

If you really want to run three current monitors your best bet is going to be to get a very low end discrete graphics cards that supports 3x HDMI, 3x DP or a mix of the two.

• Rep+
Reactions: vini

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet, I'll try it out and see how it goes! I have an external usb graphics card that I might utilise. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
You could also try getting a different motherboard with better display outputs. The itx version of the ASrock strangely enough has 2x hdmi and 1 display port.

·
Avid Memer
5,958 Posts
I didn't bother looking at the parts list. You can't have three monitors on HDMI or DVI. At least one has to be connected via DP. At least I assume the rules that applied to my graphics card would apply to integrated graphics.

·
Getting used to 'new'
5,126 Posts
Forget the H100 and that PSU. The AIO is not worth that even if it performed as well as people thought, and that PSU is extremely overkill.
D14 and M12II or the S12II if you want. With the $ you save, you can pick up a basic GPU that meets your needs just to make sure it will work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Ultracarpet Good idea! I'll look into different motherboards.

@chessmyantidrug Fair enough. But considering a different motherboard should allow me to use 3 displays. Also I don't care about high resolution.

@AcEsSalvation Agreed that the psu is overkill. Are you sure that cooler will fit my case though? I don't think so, which is why I choose the AIO.

·
Getting used to 'new'
5,126 Posts
I forgot to look at the case specs. One moment.

EDIT: The 240 height is insufficient for that cooler. Would you be willing to change the case out? Either way, I would highly suggest not using an AIO.
EDIT 2: I am also just now noticing that I'm trying to find parts for you using the CA version of the site, however it keeps redirecting me to US pricing... Those links I posted earlier are likely to be quite off.
EDIT 3: Looks like the prices listed are for CA in the previous links

Hopefully final edit
tongue.gif

If you are wanting to stay Corsair and don't mind something a little bigger, how about the 200R for a little cheaper. I've had the 400R and the 650D, they were (and still being used) great cases. Still love my medium sized LAN box though, but that is ~$130CA before the $20 rebate.

Nope, got one more edit:
ark.intel reports the CPU video output max resolutions, etc - but it depends on the board. The board you have in your list says triple display is supported, and all three outputs are capable of at least 1200p60Hz

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately I have to go with the case due to space constraints (the desk it's going to go in already exists).

Regarding monitor support: That's what I was thinking. I can always buy a graphic card later if I really need to, might as well try it.

Anyways, thank you very much for your input! I'll report back here with my findings

1 - 10 of 10 Posts