Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys with the DFI 875P-T or 24-pin motherboards: How exactly do you plug a 20-pin psu into the 24-pin psu socket?

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
There are adaptors, yet I dont know where to get em

You can try this, it could work, it could not work, might want to check up and see if you can

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob

There are adaptors, yet I dont know where to get em

You can try this, it could work, it could not work, might want to check up and see if you can

You can also use a regular 20-pin psu, I just don't know where to position the plug, as there are 24 holes for 20-pins. Time to match up wires, I guess.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95

You can also use a regular 20-pin psu, I just don't know where to position the plug, as there are 24 holes for 20-pins. Time to match up wires, I guess.

my guess is that it will only go one way...

the molex has two different socket types so that it will only go in one way on standard 20pim molex ... im sure they set it up with that in mind...

Give it a shot with no power on
if it fits just one way then your Good to go i guess...

Im not buying you another one

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I got it figured out. {crosses fingers and sets another hard drive on fire to appease the oc gods}

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

I think I got it figured out. {crosses fingers and sets another hard drive on fire to appease the oc gods}

Dont spill that beer into the open case

Me personally i have a smirnoff twisted rasberry...

I said Triple Black but got rasberry fruity balls

Ehh i might have to grab a fat tire

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
They made it so that you could just plug in a 20-pin adapter, you only need the 24pin for the PCI-express card support? or no? I thought I heard that somewhere...

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

They made it so that you could just plug in a 20-pin adapter, you only need the 24pin for the PCI-express card support? or no? I thought I heard that somewhere...

i heard it as well... i heard it plugs in one way and thats it

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Hes prolly installing OS now , he got it to fit and is turning it on now and saw that it booted up so now hes getting windows installed and stuff...

He doesnt need us any more

if it blew up his mobo he would be in here screaming about dead mobo...
and asking me to pay for it

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

Hes prolly installing OS now , he got it to fit and is turning it on now and saw that it booted up so now hes getting windows installed and stuff...

He doesnt need us any more

if it blew up his mobo he would be in here screaming about dead mobo...
and asking me to pay for it

OMG, ROFL!!!! HAHAHAHA

You know me too well Spooked! Are you stalking me or something? LOL That is exactly what is happening right now
Booted up first attempt. Unfortunately, I got a DO stepping, hoping for an EO. But its stock vcore is 1.38, and it runs at 3.414, which is nice. At stock speeds, my psu is doing fantastic. All voltages are above spec, much more than with the socket 478 and my old 3.0.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

No TDX yet???

Nope. Looks like I am waiting until at least Tuesday, since it hasnt even been shipped yet.
The oc gods weren't pleased with me. I am stuck with the stock cooler, which doesnt seem that bad. I cranked the ac down to 70F, and my system temp is 25 at idle, and cpu was 38. Still doing updates, so I don't know load yet. I'll keep ya posted.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Nope. Looks like I am waiting until at least Tuesday, since it hasnt even been shipped yet.
The oc gods weren't pleased with me. I am stuck with the stock cooler, which doesnt seem that bad. I cranked the ac down to 70F, and my system temp is 25 at idle, and cpu was 38. Still doing updates, so I don't know load yet. I'll keep ya posted.

im off to the wild wild west

been playing HL2 but only using hand guns for challenge

and some dude called me wild wild west cause i killed him like 4 times in a row with the 357

some of those peeps dont know how to play, they dont know you can catch with the gravity gun. So they throw at me and i catch and blast em back and they die

anyways im out for abit

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Good ol' noobs... its fun with them, once there was so many I was owning them all, and then one by one they left me...

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I cannot even begin to describe how pissed off I am. This LGA heatsink/fan is the biggest piece of ***** I have ever seen!!!! I can not even use my new mobo/cpu with this piece of crap. All of a sudden, my temps started to skyrocket. Like, approaching 80C idle. I shut her down, reinstalled the hs with AS5, and still the same thing. The mounting system for the LGA hs is CRAP!!!! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!!!!! Nothing I do will lower the temps. It is making contact, because the AS5 was spread in a nice little circle, but my temps are INSANE!!! I wrote Intel a nice long letter explaining just how much of a piece of ***** this thing was, and I also told them that if any of my components are damaged, then I will pursue litigation for reimbursement of all costs. :swearing: :swearing: :swearing: :swearing: Now I have to wait till my waterblock arrives, just to even use the system.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

I cannot even begin to describe how pissed off I am. This LGA heatsink/fan is the biggest piece of ***** I have ever seen!!!! I can not even use my new mobo/cpu with this piece of crap. All of a sudden, my temps started to skyrocket. Like, approaching 80C idle. I shut her down, reinstalled the hs with AS5, and still the same thing. The mounting system for the LGA hs is CRAP!!!! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!!!!! Nothing I do will lower the temps. It is making contact, because the AS5 was spread in a nice little circle, but my temps are INSANE!!! I wrote Intel a nice long letter explaining just how much of a piece of ***** this thing was, and I also told them that if any of my components are damaged, then I will pursue litigation for reimbursement of all costs. :swearing: :swearing: :swearing: :swearing: Now I have to wait till my waterblock arrives, just to even use the system.

Calm down bud...
I know the heatsink you speak of and yes it sucks.. must admit its prety good sink for intel

are you folding or is it just too hot at idle???

i think it sucks that intel doesnt make better heatsinks for there fireballs of CPUs

Maybe they will send you something better

unteill your CPU is Wetter

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright, I have calmed down. I have also fixed the problem!!!!! I was looking at my stock Intel hs, after deciding it was a piece of crap, and it got me to thinking. The hs uses little plastic pushpins that go through the holes in the motherboard, like the little pushpins that are used to hold a retention bracket on. Anyway, first thing I did was cut those plastic pins off. I then removed the DangerDen mounting kit from my Max 3, and installed it on the 875P-T. Then just mounted the stock hs onto the mounting posts, tightened the nuts, and the results......38-ish idle, 55-ish load
Much better than 70C load
Well, I am happy now until the TDX gets here. Time to lower the multi and stretch my ram. I am pretty sure it will do 265fsb at 2.5,4,4,7. We'll see

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Alright, I have calmed down. I have also fixed the problem!!!!! I was looking at my stock Intel hs, after deciding it was a piece of crap, and it got me to thinking. The hs uses little plastic pushpins that go through the holes in the motherboard, like the little pushpins that are used to hold a retention bracket on. Anyway, first thing I did was cut those plastic pins off. I then removed the DangerDen mounting kit from my Max 3, and installed it on the 875P-T. Then just mounted the stock hs onto the mounting posts, tightened the nuts, and the results......38-ish idle, 55-ish load
Much better than 70C load
Well, I am happy now until the TDX gets here. Time to lower the multi and stretch my ram. I am pretty sure it will do 265fsb at 2.5,4,4,7. We'll see

Hello copy cat

Glad you got it working mate. Did you find the bracket for the processor really hard to get back into the locked position after the processor was installed? I did - i was crapping myself when i was trying to fix it back into place - it was making all kinds of creaking sounds.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

Hello copy cat

Glad you got it working mate. Did you find the bracket for the processor really hard to get back into the locked position after the processor was installed? I did - i was crapping myself when i was trying to fix it back into place - it was making all kinds of creaking sounds.

The little lever?? Yeah, I had to use a lot of force, kind of scared me. Everyone has been saying how fragile the 775 sockets are, including me. I just read this at the Inquirer that claims differently.

I just ran Prime 95 for about 10 hours at 260fsb, 14X, and timings of 2.5,4,4,7. Cpu speed is 3.65, on stock voltage. Working pretty darn well. Can't wait till my TDX gets here! The weird thing is, I set the vdimm to 2.9volts, and it is reading 3.7
!!!! That has to be wrong, as my ram isnt even hot, and it would most certainly be fried at 3.7volts. I am trying to find the vdimm check point with my multi-meter.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

The little lever?? Yeah, I had to use a lot of force, kind of scared me. Everyone has been saying how fragile the 775 sockets are, including me. I just read this at the Inquirer that claims differently.

I just ran Prime 95 for about 10 hours at 260fsb, 14X, and timings of 2.5,4,4,7. Cpu speed is 3.65, on stock voltage. Working pretty darn well. Can't wait till my TDX gets here! The weird thing is, I set the vdimm to 2.9volts, and it is reading 3.7
!!!! That has to be wrong, as my ram isnt even hot, and it would most certainly be fried at 3.7volts. I am trying to find the vdimm check point with my multi-meter.

Thats really wierd? Where are you getting those readings from, coz as i said, i cant get a vdimm readout of my one??!?!?!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts