Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahhh...

Alright, so, I fired up my EVGA 8800 Ultra Superclocked and tested it out in ATI Tool/EVGA Precision.

Started up the scan, and bam - yellow artifacts! No errors reported on the ATI Tool, but I see yellow artifacts.

Stock clocks of the Superclock:
650MHz Core
1125MHz Memory

So, I brought them down to stock 8800 Ultra clocks:
612MHz Core
1080MHz Memory

Still getting yellow dots... less though. Any advice? I'm running it on an HR-03+ in a VERY low ambient temperature room, it's capping out at 60C on full load.

·
Registered
841 Posts
if it does die try RMAing, nvidia and the partners dont make ultras anymore so you'll get a better card for free
It could also be your PSU dieing. but dont take my word on that.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaveWithALightsaber View Post
I tried RMAing my Asus Ultra that got burnt out due to OCing coupla months ago hoping I'd get a GTX 285 or something, and BAM! they just sent me another Ultra!!!

yes they still have ultra's (and gtx's) in stock and will for a while. the chance of you getting a 285 back is really low. probably a 260(192) or a 9800GTX (similar performance).

·
Banned
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by grunion View Post
What about games, any issues?
None at all, so, I'm just going to keep it cool and keep it running. I'll keep it downclocked to stock Ultra settings as well.

As for RMA'ing it - I know it's silly, but I want to save this card even after I stop using it in ANY of my systems or it dies.
It's not too often that a card is the king of the hill for as long as the 8800 Ultra was, and I want to save it... yeah I'm silly.
So RMA is out of the question. It's not really a situation of 'I need this video card'.

·
Premium Member
25,202 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacre View Post
None at all, so, I'm just going to keep it cool and keep it running. I'll keep it downclocked to stock Ultra settings as well.

As for RMA'ing it - I know it's silly, but I want to save this card even after I stop using it in ANY of my systems or it dies.
It's not too often that a card is the king of the hill for as long as the 8800 Ultra was, and I want to save it... yeah I'm silly.
So RMA is out of the question. It's not really a situation of 'I need this video card'.
That's what I figured.

Open AT> Settings> Artifact scanning> Check use the older more compatible scanning method.
Move the detection slider about 1/3 of the way from the left.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
ATI tool does not work properly with 8800 GTX / Ultra.

What grunion said

Quote:

Open AT> Settings> Artifact scanning> Check use the older more compatible scanning method.

·
Banned
2,547 Posts
Don't believe ATI artifact tester or any other tester. Your best test is to launch your favorite game and see if theres any artifacts or freezes,,, It's just lying to you..,, gl,

649 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacre View Post

Thats a very good idea mate. I just might do that meself. sorta like a museum piece u know. The Original Mother of All Video cards!!! YESS!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts