Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I got a GeForce 8800GT 512MB Alpha Dog edition card in my pc, and i was wondering if i could use any 8800GT 512MB card for SLI, or does it have to be Alpha Dog too?
Because they are pretty hard to get.

Thanks in advance.
-Ridick2602

·
Premium Member
11,125 Posts
As far as I know the Alpha dog is just clocked slightly higher than other 8800GT's, so if you SLI them it will just decrease the clocks back to stock (only ~100MHz less in most cases of factory overclocking, you can always overclock it back up using Afterburner), so it should be fine.

Also, I have an Alpha Dog 8800GT I'm looking at getting rid of.

·
Registered
478 Posts
8800gt sli is still serving me well....and any 8800gt can sli with your card but i will try and find a card of xfx only due to obvious reasons

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
If I'm correct it'll change to the clocks of the card in the main PCI-e channel, so the top card will probably be the Alpha dog, the 2nd 8800GT will be clocked according to the Alpha Dogs clocks. Shouldn't be much of a problem though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody

Quote:

Originally Posted by PureLogic
View Post

any 8800GT will SLi with your existing one. alpha dog or not, oc ed or not, xfx or not. i had the same setup a couple of years ago. quite a monster back then.

And yearh, i know its a bit old, but i dont have the money to change it, so i thought that one more could maybe do the trick, and it would'nt be just as expensive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts