Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant find one anywhere anyone know where i can find something for this card its a 8800gts 640mb pcie

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
somebody have a video of the installation process. the thermalright website have it pretty much detailed with pictures, but i want to see a video

and does it come with the 'glue' to stick the ramsink on the chips?

thanks

·
Registered
337 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hermit View Post
somebody have a video of the installation process. the thermalright website have it pretty much detailed with pictures, but i want to see a video

and does it come with the 'glue' to stick the ramsink on the chips?

thanks
Couldn't find a video; the installation guide (which you're most likely talking about) is pretty much the closest installing specifics you're going to get.

The ramsinks come with thermal tape, although it is fairly weak. You're better off with thermal adhesive (glue basically).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ive heard and seen Zalman are going to release one called the Zalman VF-1000 (8800-series)

Not sure if its out yet but looks very promising.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by foey View Post
Ive heard and seen Zalman are going to release one called the Zalman VF-1000 (8800-series)

Dang, im buying that. Get some nice oc on that piece.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Can you run SLI with any of these enormocoolers on there? Or is that a foregone conclusion?

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RPIJG
View Post

Can you run SLI with any of these enormocoolers on there? Or is that a foregone conclusion?

If you get a motherboard like the eVGA 680i it should fit, but you won't be able to use anything else at all, all the PCI slots will be blocked as far as I know.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I'm trying to figure out exactly how it all would fit, I mean those coolers are huge! Do the extend above or below the slot?

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
imo they aren't all that huge.. it seems they are just a little bigger than the stock 8800 coolers, that also cover the entire PCB.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by foey
View Post

It looks like the 7900GTX (or 7800GTX 512) stock cooler...

Does changing the heatsink voids the warranty? Is there any brand that explicity states that you can change it?

·
Registered
64 Posts

3 times 80mm fans

1 - 14 of 14 Posts