Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am actually looking if this would fit on my DFI Ultra-D board, I will be using this in the lower slot on my board, but I am afraid it will block both of my PCI slots, because of its huge cooler (I only need one PCI slot for my soundcard). This also has to work in my Lian Li pc65b case, I can always take the hard Drive cage out if length is a problem but I'd rather not.

This might look confusing but yeah. Thanks a lot if you could help out.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I have my 8800 on my DFI board. It fits without problems.

edit/// My card is in the slot closest to the CPU.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vuxdu
View Post

Can you still use the Sata ports? or would it only fit if i get 90 degree angle Sata cords.

I can still use my SATA's just fine. And I use the plain sata cables, not the 90 degree ones.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vuxdu
View Post

Alright that cleared up some problems Thanks a lot!

No problem. Glad to help!

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SZayat View Post
1950XTX works great with HL2 Source engine (Yo know HDR & stuff)

Anyhow you can find a fine GTS 320MB review here: A Cheaper DX10 Card: GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB
Ah, I see optimized for ATi

Okay well to OP I would go for 640MB GTS just because in the future with that big of a res the extra ram will help..

·
Banned
2,100 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MGX1016 View Post
Ah, I see optimized for ATi
you're such a dork
it's not like the 1950XTX is just a piece of garbage all of a sudden. it's a one year-old card playing a two year-old game. of course it tears it up.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
you're such a dork
it's not like the 1950XTX is just a piece of garbage all of a sudden. it's a one year-old card playing a two year-old game. of course it tears it up.
It's not a year old, it has a specific birthday...

I have never really used an ATi card in my own self builds. Ever PC I've made had a nvidia.. Just because

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maroon1
View Post

Geforce 6xxx and 7xxx can run HDR + AA in all source engine games like HL2 and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

He is simply saying that ATi does it, and better.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.