Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems the newer video cards really are getting faster than alot of cpu/mobo.

I noticed the existence of a cpu bottleneck after I killed my p5w and had to try other means. I thought I would share. The thumbnails show the rest of the info.

LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
They should have included an overclocked A64, or X2 in that graph :/

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatal05 View Post
They should have included an overclocked A64, or X2 in that graph :/
Yeah really. Not *everybody* is quite ready to make the quite pointless switch.

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Crowley View Post
It is based on hardware that I own, I don't have a collection of A64's

Ah, my bad dude. I should read more carefully next time. Didn't know you were the one with the actual info

·
Registered
436 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Crowley
View Post

It is based on hardware that I own, I don't have a collection of A64's

what about the 3700+ overclcoked , what results did u get ??

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
they should have included an overclockced 3.0 GHz opty......... send that card my way so i can test it =D

·
Premium Member
11,043 Posts
Yeah, but by that graph the bottlekneck has almost dissapeared when your E6600 has got to almost 4Ghz. But that is great info, even so that is terrible that you have to overclock a E6600 1.4Ghz over stock to remove the bottleneck

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobdrw
View Post

So I am guessing that it would be virtually impossible to not bottleneck dual 8800gtx's

Only in insane resolutions + details, lawls.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
unless you have like a QX6700 under phase at like 4.65 Ghz I would say no, youll bottleneck SLI 8800 GTX's

Also remember though, the G80's are made for DX10, where pretty much all of the graphics and physics will be put onto the card. So when DX10 arrives, CPU bottlenecks will go away to a certain extent.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwIsTeDbOi
View Post

Lol. Poor poor 3700+...

That's a stock 3700+. I want to know how mine would do at 3 Ghz... I'd guess low 8k range.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Namrac
View Post

That's a stock 3700+. I want to know how mine would do at 3 Ghz... I'd guess low 8k range.

I got 7904 on 3dmark06 with my CPU at 3059, and the card at 625/1000. That score should be a little higher because I was running the older version of 3dmark06 and on crap drivers.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicfission92
View Post

unless you have like a QX6700 under phase at like 4.65 Ghz I would say no, youll bottleneck SLI 8800 GTX's

Also remember though, the G80's are made for DX10, where pretty much all of the graphics and physics will be put onto the card. So when DX10 arrives, CPU bottlenecks will go away to a certain extent.

Is this only for DX10 games, or does this include current games too? Because if all CPU bottlenecks disappear, then I would feel bad for those who forked over $$$ for those QX6700s. xD

·
Registered
490 Posts
there have been reviews and post that even the quad cores will bottleneck the GTX's so wanna see what ATI comes out with next.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akatsuki No Tobi
View Post

Is this only for DX10 games, or does this include current games too? Because if all CPU bottlenecks disappear, then I would feel bad for those who forked over $$$ for those QX6700s. xD

Thats for DX10 games. But the other thing is, with the quad core, you can do more. Take Alan Wake for instance, that uses all core, for physics, AI and other things. You can still run games well with a dual core. But in that game they do actually use all 4 cores.

·
Banned
5,020 Posts
i have never heard the word bottleneck until the 8800 launched! i still dont understand why they make awsome games that canbarely run on the latest syetems.. like oblivion!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts