Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<a href="http://www.atacom.com/program/atacom.cgi?USER_ID=www&cart_id=665893_71_254_66_65&SEARCH=SEARCH_ALL&ordered_number=&KEYWORDS=8800&Disp_item2.x=0&Disp_item2.y=0" target="_blank">http://www.atacom.com/program/atacom...Disp_item2.y=0</a><br />
<br />
<br />
good luck with that nvidia, dont think i will be buying one

·
Premium Member
10,178 Posts
$800! jesus!...wth

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
link seems to work, basicaly its the 8800gtx's for pre order, $800!!!!<br />
<br />
i thought it was pretty comedy, lets buy two!

·
404 Title Not Found
2,325 Posts
I hope that its extremely overpriced because they're not actually out yet? Hopefully they're not that expensive, but I haven't seen anything on its pricing until that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i dont think thats what they will end up costing, just think its funny that some ppl could potentialy pre order it at that price now, do they relaly think ppl will pay that much, i guess so....<br />
i wrekon the prices on that link will go down soon, nvidia wont let it sell for that much

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
lol *buys one*

·
Premium Member
6,974 Posts
fake price, nvidia can't afford selling cards that expensive cause no one will buy them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If it's true, I'm very glad to have invested in my 7900GTO rather than saved for one of these . . .<br />
<br />
I've seen a general consensus of about $550 for the GTX, but the fact that this is the first generation of DX10 hardware could drive up the price. I mean, the development costs for a card running a completely new generation of DX are expected to be higher than just rehashing the old DX9 reference design, but whether or not nVidia is bold enough to make the consumer eat these costs with their 8800 line is debatable. Short-term money loss or customer alienation?

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
Well, the PS3 is $600, the 8800GTX is $800, and now it has been announced that the new generation of Razer Mouse will cost $125...<br />
<br />
Looks like you can't win....

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
nvidia has sold $800 cards before, so it is possible

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'll wait for Nivida 10 cards to come out. Its not like theres any decent games that I like that require any graphics.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
The 7800GTX 152 was $750, and it sold like hotcakes. First uber-powerful card of DX10? I'm not surprised. Unhappy, but not surprised.

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
ATACOM is not a reliable place nor it will be the one to get a GeForce card anyway. I've dealt with them before when I needed some OCZ EB DDR2 and they posted that they had the RAM in stock, yet they weren't.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
At least that card is going to be like $500.00 easy or $600.00.I wait to see the sold out.

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
The link is taking me to OCZ RAM, not the 8800. Might want to check it.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>Bindusar</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">The link is taking me to OCZ RAM, not the 8800. Might want to check it.</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>ya

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
The problem is they will be the only DX10 cards out on the market until ATI gets there cards out. So they just might be 800$$

·
Registered
94 Posts
It is sexy lookin'<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78819" target="_blank">http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=78819</a>

1 - 20 of 32 Posts