Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
probably a stupid question but i ****...

do 90° fittings swiffel after you thread them in all the way or do you have to over tighten/ loosen them to get them to point the direction you want?

·
Registered
656 Posts
...With the 90degree-adapter fittings>>> i have found that you half to do as you just stated to get the right position,
hopefully not too far off from the stop-tightening position....

otherwise i have found that the "Rotary" one's work by tighening up first, then while holding that part still, you can turn
the other end towards the position you want..... I have both of these type's: the 90degree adapter ones(place your
choice of fitting for on the one end/ and i have the 90degree ones with the rotary-fitting(1/2") on the one end of; as
well as having them in the 45degree angle type, too.....

hope this help's/answered your question of . . .

mr-Charles . . .

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Bits power ones will swivel after there tight, but I dont think you should do it or even if they were designed to do it. Best to hold it in the position you want and then snug it down.

Last I heard rotary still had a tendency to leak so its best not to use there main feature. lol

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm...

seems kinda silly

im not looking to get 90° fittings.. i was just curious how they work

·
Registered
405 Posts
I believe rotary fittings only have a tendency to leak if there is some sideway or up/down pressure on them forcing them to bend at the joint and hence not sealing tight. When care is taken to route the tubing and choosing the right length of tubing rotaries are quire safe in my opinion. Leak testing helps ofcourse

/Nordar

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so if they dont rotate how do you get them to point the direction you want?

·
Registered
405 Posts
The fittings 88EVGAFTW linked to can swivel after you screw them on (that is why they are called rotary fittings). They rotate at a joint between the shiny part and the textured part

Non rotary fittings you can only adjust by compressing the sealing o-ring more or less and hope it will be compressed enough at the correct direction.

/Nordar

1 - 8 of 8 Posts