Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey OCN, kind of new to this, but do i need these?

I was thinking i would need these for the cpu but thats about it, am I right
tongue.gif
?

And if so, which should i get? There's tons of em out there like double rotary, female-female, male-male, normal rotary
tongue.gif
not sure which ones are for me.

Thanks a lot!

And another question: do i need any 45 degree ones at all?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Well, you need to look at your loop and figure it out.

Are they handy? Absolutely.

Do you need them? No.

Make you life and loop easier but not a necessity.

·
Comic Book Enthusiast
3,659 Posts
Depends on how your loop order is planned..I've used 90 rotaries from cpu to mosfet block. Looks cleaner.

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Something you can do is get those pipe cleaner sticks, twist them together, and mock up your loop. Then you can figure out how many bends you have and what angle fittings you need.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by legitlegit View Post

Hey OCN, kind of new to this, but do i need these?

I was thinking i would need these for the cpu but thats about it, am I right
tongue.gif
?

And if so, which should i get? There's tons of em out there like double rotary, female-female, male-male, normal rotary
tongue.gif
not sure which ones are for me. And another question: do i need any 45 degree ones at all?

Thanks a lot!
Can you post a pic of your set up?

I usually put everything together in the case first to see what and how many fittings I need, Work out if I need any 90*/45* rotaries
90* don't restrict flow like some say. You'd need a lot to slow down the flow.
They help make your loop look neater.
Use rotaries as you can turn them any way you need, Non rotaries will only face one way when tightened.

When I added the second 580 I did this due to limited space and with what fittings I I had spare.

@???

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadDad62 View Post

Can you post a pic of your set up?

I usually put everything together in the case first to see what and how many fittings I need, Work out if I need any 90*/45* rotaries
90* don't restrict flow like some say. You'd need a lot to slow down the flow.
They help make your loop look neater.
Use rotaries as you can turn them any way you need, Non rotaries will only face one way when tightened.

When I added the second 580 I did this due to limited space and with what fittings I I had spare.

@???
90degree fittings do add restriction, you just need 10+ of them for it to make the slightest difference.
biggrin.gif

In all seriousness the only place you should worry about putting a 90 degree fitting is directly before the pump, as it can mess with the impeller.

Anyways, back to the original question: They serve absolutely no purpose other than aesthetics and routing. If you do decide to use them you want the normal rotary male to female 90 degree fitting. Basically you screw it into where you would normally screw your fitting into, screw your fitting into it, and it will swivel in any and all directions so you can get it to go the direction you want. Dual rotary don't have much of a use, at least not that I can think of off the top of my head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts