Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

Im having this strange network problem. And im out of guesses.

I have 1 network cable here and 2 machines. My XP machine uses the cable the entire day and when I need it I unplug it and stick it into my Vista test machine. The network cable is hooked up to the router and the router to my cable modem.
Now the strange part.

When I use my XP machine I get a 900Kb download speed which is pretty fast

When I use the same cable in my Vista machine I get 20Kb or less, which is to damn slow

Why am I having this strange problem? Its the same cable! My guess is that its a configuration problem in Vista.

What Ive figured out:
The router gives the Vista machine its own ip xxx.102 while my XP machine has xxx.101 which is normal so no problems there.
Firewalls on and off dont matter.
The connection works fine apart from being way to slow.

Thanks for helping me out!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
download vista LAN drivers for your motherboard... that is probably the problem

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well to be honest it probably isnt, the driver is 2 months old

The Teredo Tunneling interface isnt able to start for some reason. The problem is connected to Vista using ipv6 which my router doesnt support. Thats why im getting the slow speeds. Ive tried to disable ipv6 but no luck yet.

Ive added the disable ipv6 registry key.
Ive disabled Ipv6 in my network connection's configuration tab.
Ive uninstalled the teredo tunneling crap.

And still it isnt working! Thanks microsoft for forcing IPv6 down my neck

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by startekee View Post
the best thing to do is to call ure isp and tell them then they will give u a new router
I dont think they will since ive bought it myself

And with the modem there is nothing wrong, its the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo interface which wasnt working. What it does, it makes IPv6, IPv4 compatible and thus working. Because the teredo crap isnt working ive tried to disable IPv6 altogether.

The problem is IPv6 and the Teredo tunneling interface. Can someone help with that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts