Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should it be 90c temp in sli at all? Running it in a haf 932 case on a P6X58D board On PCI Express 1 and 2

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Whats making it goto 90C? Do you have custom fan profile? Overclocked? And yes, 90C is absolutely fine for these cards. They dont even start to throttle til 105C
Is this in game/ idle/ furmark?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is in OCCT 15mins. Was told that was good enough with less then 20errors.
it seems like only my old msi cyclone is hitting those temps. I don't have it Oc'ed much either maybe to 1.0 voltage and 760 core.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya somewhat, the heatsink barely has any room between the second gpu. but it never got any hotter then 70 before.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Set up a custom fan profile; if the cards are sandwiched some higher temps are unavoidable. I think the GF104 chips have a thermal ceiling of 97, OCCT does run very very hot though, what temps do you get in games?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by codejunki;11945868
Not enough info to decide
It's a 460. These cards run at like 60-65°C at stock, under 80°C overclocked. They should NEVER hit 90°C.

And don't use OCCT. I remember the OCCT GPU test practically cooked my 5850. I would max about 75°C in Furmark but the OCCT test toasted it to 90°C.

Use Crysis/Metro/3DMark for heat testing. It's realistic.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confessed;11946247
It's a 460. These cards run at like 60-65°C at stock, under 80°C overclocked. They should NEVER hit 90°C.

And don't use OCCT. I remember the OCCT GPU test practically cooked my 5850. I would max about 75°C in Furmark but the OCCT test toasted it to 90°C.

Use Crysis/Metro/3DMark for heat testing. It's realistic.
They do if they're sandwiched... which the OP has just stated they are.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i dont have any of those but vantage. so i shouldn't use occt?

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confessed;11946418
My friend has SLI 470's sandwiched and they max out at 78°C in his HAF X.
My friend has dual 460 HAWKS Sandwiched and the first card runs 25C hotter than the 2nd card because of the sandwich. That's even with a Corsair 800D Case heh.

Reference 470s are alot better at dispersing heat from a sandwich rather than say a Twin Frozr II or a cyclone which disperses into the case.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalRise750;11946476
My friend has dual 460 HAWKS Sandwiched and the first card runs 25C hotter than the 2nd card because of the sandwich. That's even with a Corsair 800D Case heh.

Reference 470s are alot better at dispersing heat from a sandwich rather than say a Twin Frozr II.
800D is awful for air cooling...lol.

And for those who use multiple cards sandwiched, put the display on the bottom card. It will take some of the load off the top card and balance the temps more.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In game the main run runs no hotter then 67c.
would that work to put my display on the second card?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts