Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a fortunate position to have a Microcenter right around the corner from me. Really thinking about finally making the leap..

I can currently get a 920 for $199.99 or a 930 for $229.99

Do you think the performance increase is worth it for $30.

I do plan to OC, currently have the H50. MIGHT be going to a WC loop but depending on $.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
It doesnt matter either way. The 22x multi on the i7 930 is useless so keep that in mind when making your decision. If the $30 is worth it to you just for peace of mind, then go with the 930. I would just grab a 920 since they both will likely OC the same.

• Rep+
Reactions: pravius

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I would say the 920 but if youre actually going to go buy it physically (not online i mean), when you get the box look at the sticker and make sure the stepping is D0. I beleive the 930s also have the same stepping? (dont quote me on that), so keep in mine the C0 stepping 920s are still on shelves!

·
Registered
553 Posts
930 is a 920 with guarranted D0 stepping and 200MHz extra clocks.
and thats not worth spending extra money.
Better buy physically and make sure that u buy D0.

·
Older than dirt
721 Posts
Hmm, bang for the buck go with the 920, but personally i think its worth an extra 30$ to get to 4ghz easier and with a lower temp hopefully.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a i7 930 and would say that a good batch is more important as there effectivly the same chip with a different multi, tho i have seen 920's at a better speed to voltage ratio...so if there are either chip there in a good batch number get one of them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts