Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tappy tap tap
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a rough estimate for a bundle (I don't have boxes to properly ship things separately):
i7-920 (d0, used to clock EXTREMELY well, though I don't recall my numbers).
ASUS P6X58D-Premium (Was used to OC said 920)
6x2GB Corsair Dominator (I actually don't remember if this is the RAM still in it, will revise if I'm wrong, if I'm wrong I have 24GB of ram total, but I don't recall what RAM it was)
Corsair H50
and one of two cases, yet to be determined: Silverstone Raven v2 OR Antec P280.

·
Avid Memer
5,953 Posts
The i7-920 isn't worth very much. That combined with the motherboard and RAM I would say is worth around $250. The i7-920 is more or less a stopgap solution for a Westmere Xeon, something to make sure the board will at least POST and has a BIOS that will accept a 6-core processor. The cases are at two different price points, obviously. I'm not sure how they compare to the features available from today's cases, but I would price the Raven at around $140 and the P280 at around $80, prices of course depending on their condition. I think a Raven bundle of $400 and P280 bundle of $340 would be fair prices, but I'm not a fan of AIO coolers. Someone else might value the H50 differently.

·
Tappy tap tap
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The i7-920 isn't worth very much. That combined with the motherboard and RAM I would say is worth around $250. The i7-920 is more or less a stopgap solution for a Westmere Xeon, something to make sure the board will at least POST and has a BIOS that will accept a 6-core processor. The cases are at two different price points, obviously. I'm not sure how they compare to the features available from today's cases, but I would price the Raven at around $140 and the P280 at around $80, prices of course depending on their condition. I think a Raven bundle of $400 and P280 bundle of $340 would be fair prices, but I'm not a fan of AIO coolers. Someone else might value the H50 differently.
Your assessment is way higher than I expected. The case would mainly be to keep the parts together and I know for a fact that I'm missing most of the hardware that I'm not currently using in both cases. The P280 would likely be the one to go.

The RAM is probably the most valuable as prices are so high at the moment.

This is a great starting point though. Thank you for both your feedback on my other thread as well as here.

·
Avid Memer
5,953 Posts
I was thinking in the ballpark of $175 for the motherboard and $75 for the RAM and the i7-920 thrown in as it's not exactly the best CPU to pair with that board. Anyone looking to buy this bundle should definitely be considering a 6-core CPU. Be sure to mention the motherboard is compatible with Westmere Xeons. That's one of the reasons it holds so much value to this day. Case price is the biggest variable. They're both still subtly aesthetically pleasing cases, especially for someone who doesn't care about showing off RGB components.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts