Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just built a brand new computer got everything together nicely and i love it. specs below

i do plan on overclocking in future so i was just gonna ask if my current temps seem normal.

with this cooler and the tim that came with it. I get around 28-35 on idle. (ambient is around 25).

Didnt load with any stress test but played one game and temps hit 44. Seem normal?

Can anyone recomment a temperature monitor/ stress tester

btw i highly recommend mushkin enhance ram. small farm factor. doing 1850 on 99924 without a hitch and 68620 @ 1600 all at 1.62v

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
How you achieve a 3c delta at idle on air, is beyond me.
What are you using to read temps? Use RealTemp or CoreTemp; HWMonitor is as much as ~10c lower than it should be depending on setups.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok running prime5 for 10 min now (max heat setting)

core max is from 59-52... is it still good :/ keep in mind computer just had its first boot 10 hrs ago

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the same case, virtually same processor, same heatsink and same ambient temps and load at around 65-70C.

What are you using to monitor? Screen shot?

edit: Scratch that, you're probably still at stock clocks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stock clocks man. how was ur temps at stock? im looking to oc it to 4 as well

using realtemp to monitor
LL

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im just lil worried because i didnt have tim spreader so i just let the pressure distribute the liquid. noctua's TIM is not that viscous so it worked ok i think. just the edges of the cpu did not get any TIM.

btw after 20 min or so of primate 95 max temp 53-60. stock clock

·
Registered
224 Posts
My idle temps aren't even close to yours but load are not too far off at stock clocks

61/58/58/56 on the cores at load

41/36/39/35 idle

My temps have always been warmer at idle...not sure why

·
Registered
224 Posts
With the nh-14, I think center dot is the best method. the pressure from the cooler pushes the compound to the edge. My pattern was very good with included TIM.

I've since applied MX-3 and my temps appear to be a little worse. I think this cooler likes the thicker compounds as opposed to the thinner.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice well final load temps 60/56/58/53 ran about 40 min now. our temps are very smilar so hopefully i can make it 4.0 as well

the funny part is. my cpu fan didnt even increase its speed.

EDIT: hmm. i have some as5 i can give it a try.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by darewinder
View Post

nice well final load temps 60/56/58/53 ran about 40 min now. our temps are very smilar so hopefully i can make it 4.0 as well

the funny part is. my cpu fan didnt even increase its speed.

EDIT: hmm. i have some as5 i can give it a try.

I'm assuming you're using the fans that came with the cooler? If so, they are 3 pin and not PWM fans so if you hooked them up using the Y-adapter to your 4 pin CPU header, they are receiving a constant 12v lead and will run at 100% all the time...but that's not a bad thing because they are inaudible above the case fans.

Also, keep the included NT-h1 compound...it's better than AS5.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/revi...ua_nt_h1/5.htm

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh yeah forgot that cooler fans were only 3 pin, so no speed control :/

they are inaudible case is inaudible as well. my ac surpasses it.

so do do u have ur cooler connected to fan control? or its just 100% too

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by darewinder
View Post

oh yeah forgot that cooler fans were only 3 pin, so no speed control :/

they are inaudible case is inaudible as well. my ac surpasses it.

so do do u have ur cooler connected to fan control? or its just 100% too

100%, I don't see any need to bother with anything less than 100% since they are super quiet and designed for that capacity.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts