Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just bought the AMD 64 3500+ 939 Chip and I am completely stupid on building this computer that I want. What are the top 5 MOBO for the 939 chip, and if possible give me a reason for them being one of these top 5.... I appreciate it. Thanks...

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Not sure about Top 5, but I that the MSI Neo Plat2 board and ASUS A8V are both very popular. You've also got the new SLI nForce4 boards due out in a few weeks.

·
Registered
930 Posts
the best board is MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum. or the Gigabyte dual everything mobo if you have the money.

i prefer the msi, because it is very well built for the platform, before the nforce4 ref board were released, the neo2 topped the charts over at anandtech.com, and as well as other places. i think for nforce3, msi is the way to go.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I only have first hand experience on the MSI Neo2 Plat board, and it was my first oc experience. I have a 3000+ chip running from 1.8 up to 2.3 stable. So I feel I can personally endorse this board. For the money it does a good job and it has a lot of nice features:

Raid
SATA & IDE
Dual Lan - Gigabyte connection
7 channel audio
a lot of manual oc features
locked pci/agp
Dual Channel Ram

·
Banned
2,363 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plague

admin and I vote for the Asus A8V, very well built board

hmm something tells me you and admin are building something

·
Registered
148 Posts
i got the k8n neo2 plat n love it, very stable board im running it at 260 htt w/ a 3000+ @ 2.3 and the board went up to at least 270 stable even 280 w errors in prime im sure i could get close to 300 once i get some better cooling n play with it more. im very pleased with it comes with nice cables the layout is nice its just a damn good MB!

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

hmm something tells me you and admin are building something

Plague is always up to something :shades2: and it's usually fast and good

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OT_Mental_Case_666

Hey I just bought the AMD 64 3500+ 939 Chip and I am completely stupid on building this computer that I want. What are the top 5 MOBO for the 939 chip, and if possible give me a reason for them being one of these top 5.... I appreciate it. Thanks...

I've been running A8v deluxe with that chip and I have been extrememly happy with it, I can't tell you too much about overclocking yet. I'm running Value Select ram, and It craps out on anything over 225 fsb, The board is loaded with features though, and I'm really happy with it. I'll be replacing the ram soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts