Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I built my comp a few months ago without doing alot of research
I, know, stupid....... Anyways, I got a good deal on a 939 4200+ x2. So, my whole build is off this CPU.

Now.... I mostly play sim games FSX, GTR2, Falcon 4, Fighter Ops (When it comes out), etc. I know I need to upgrade my video cards, but as far as my CPU it limits me on my motherboard and ram.

Ok now my question. Am I right in thinking I should be good with this setup for about 2 years if I dont intend to play the newest FPS? That should give me enough time to save for a kick ass rig in a few years. Anyways, your thoughts??

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
well, if you plan on upgrading to a DX10 card, then you'll also have to upgrade to vista to use DX10. If you're going to upgrade to Vista, then you'll need more than 1GB ram.

As for having a 939 system... I still plan on having mine for another 1.5-2 years, and I'm sure it'll be alright.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yes you're right, at least I think... You have 2 7600GT so you should be able to play any game you want, now and in the future. no need to play them at high specs and resolutions. You might need a little more RAM is you want to play high end games suck as STALKER. But I think your good to go with that setup.

Also, update you computers specs here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts