Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the 9400GT at physx? My roommate doesn't use his computer anymore and I high jacked it.

·
Super Moderator
32,930 Posts
9400GT can't do PhysX at all. So you just ripped off your room mate for nothing.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

9400GT can't do PhysX at all. So you just ripped off your room mate for nothing.

really? Alright. Haha, I didn't "rip him off" I just borrowed something he wasn't using

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I see some people using 8400GSs for PhysX.

·
Super Moderator
32,930 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kora04
View Post

I see some people using 8400GSs for PhysX.

No you don't, since the 8400GS isn't capable of PhysX either.

PhysX requirements:
The minimum requirement to support GPU-accelerated PhysX is a GeForce 8-series or later GPU with a minimum of 32 cores and a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory. However, each PhysX application has its own GPU and memory recommendations. In general, 512MB of graphics memory is recommended unless you have a GPU that is dedicated to PhysX.
[source]

In other words at MINIMUM you need an 8600GTS / 9500GT or better. And even then, those aren't going to work well at all. It's usually more around 8800GT or better as a dedicated PhysX card.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
No you don't, since the 8400GS isn't capable of PhysX either.

PhysX requirements:
The minimum requirement to support GPU-accelerated PhysX is a GeForce 8-series or later GPU with a minimum of 32 cores and a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory. However, each PhysX application has its own GPU and memory recommendations. In general, 512MB of graphics memory is recommended unless you have a GPU that is dedicated to PhysX.
[source]

In other words at MINIMUM you need an 8600GTS / 9500GT or better. And even then, those aren't going to work well at all. It's usually more around 8800GT or better as a dedicated PhysX card.
Hmm, well what would be a good physx benchmark to see the difference between letting one of my 460's doing the work or having the 9400 GT do the work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts