Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 955 BE c3 with cooler in my sig rig has AS5 on it its about 25C outside its idling at 35 and in blackops gets to 50C is this normal?

·
Optics Fiend
4,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetbeast351;15350798
hey guys i have a 955 BE c3 with cooler in my sig rig has AS5 on it its about 25C outside its idling at 35 and in blackops gets to 50C is this normal?
Thats pretty normal actually better than my experience. With a room temperature of 70 i idle about 33-35C load 55-56C. At 75F I idle around 36-40C
and load 55-58C. I lose stability at 58C which sucks
frown.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetbeast351;15350828
im still quite new to this what dose cool and quite do? will it be better if i trun it off?
I never use it but i imagine it's like Intel's C1E speedstep, where it downclocks processor at idle or times when usage is not high, so that you conserve power and noise. Pretty much a energy saving method.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Trust me, you temps are fine. I've done research around when i got mine, and i can safely say your temps are pretty good for the stock clocks and stock heatsink.

·
Optics Fiend
4,856 Posts
Still pretty good temps.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetbeast351;15350863
thats the thing it isnt a stock heatsink its a noctua NH-u12P SE2
Oh....well I mean, most air coolers in that price range will get you at those temps.

16687.png

If you really really want lower, sure, then get an H50. Or if your warranty has already expired, you can try lapping both the heatsink and CPU. I might take off 3-5 C off idle/load. YMMV.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinz;15350806
Better than mine. Mine idles at 42c and loads at 70C using cool and quiet from the bios and using the stock heatsink.
I think you should consider throwing stock cooler away. 70C is way too high for AMD CPUs.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by streetbeast351
View Post

Yep thats pretty good.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinz;15350806
Better than mine. Mine idles at 42c and loads at 70C using cool and quiet from the bios and using the stock heatsink.
Your case is mostly the culprit I think. Its not got great airflow. &0 Degrees is too hot. Keep it below 62.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by streetbeast351
View Post

No it's not.. Unless you stress the CPU to the max with the game, which i doubt since CoD aint that heavy in processing, the difference between load and idle shouldnt be over 10C or so... Mine idles at 38ish and on loads never goes over 46C. This is with some overclock on it.. 3.6GHz atm, also the HS is filled with dust inbetween the fins which i CBA to clean atm... xD
Just try to keep it under 55C and you are ok.. And stay away from Cool'n'Quiet..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boinz
View Post

You might want to consider cleaning your heatsink or even RMA the CPU if that is with stock clocks... AMD Ph II X4 CPUs cant go over 62C max temp, and 55C is the highest recomended temp for stability. Also make sure you disable Cool'n'Quiet.. Its screwed up and wont read the temperatures right, so it ends up lowering the fan's speed for nothing, making the CPU hotter.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sorry to dig up an old theard of mine i got given a H70 and its now idling at 30C but according to CPUz stock volts are 1.4?? is that right?

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetbeast351 View Post

sorry to dig up an old theard of mine i got given a H70 and its now idling at 30C but according to CPUz stock volts are 1.4?? is that right?
My 955 stock volt is 1.40 too.
It was lower before?

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
You can set it lower , like 1.30-1.35V,
Usually , they dont need that much

1 - 20 of 20 Posts