Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i m new n hope to get some advice on oc-ing my 9600pro however it's powercolor's 9600pro n i heard many bad coments about
i still hope to oc it
details of it as followed:
128mb
128bit
350 chip
default core and mem : 398.25/202.5

hope u guys can give me some advice and how much can it be over-clocked
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have run it for like 5 hrs n it didnt end thus i decide to go for maunal whereby i move the slider but i m scare that my card will overheat n burn

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IsLuBio

i have run it for like 5 hrs n it didnt end thus i decide to go for maunal whereby i move the slider but i m scare that my card will overheat n burn

Is there a temperature sensor on your videocard?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have no idea but after running for a long time the auto find max core drop below default. So i m puzzled.

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
I dont think there is a temp sensor for the 9600 but I can get my core to 400 and a bit more and the mem to only around 230 for it to be stable. If it gets too hot you will either crash midway through a 3d app or you will start to see the artifacts and picture distortion. Try the Omega drivers and that has all the auto overclocking features you will need. As mentioned by lightsource ATi tool will do the job as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but the prob is ati tool ran for 5 hrs n didnt stop n the core speed drop below default core

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Quote:

but the prob is ati tool ran for 5 hrs n didnt stop n the core speed drop below default core

mmm..........that has happened to me, it will decrease the speed to get stability and have no artifacts, have you got fraps running at all in the little box, if so stop that or any other display that may be interfering with ati tool. In the box with the cube it should be only the cube and the ati tool readings and nothing else.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Quote:

what u mean by fraps? mind if i add u msn so it's easier n faster?

fraps is a framerate application (as well as other gaming utilities) and it checks the framerate on almost anything that moves on your desktop, for example you can check framerate for a movie that's playing, ATi tools cube, and any game that you are playing.

Well you can go up in increments of 10MHz with ATi tool to see if you get any artifacts, and if you do just tune the speed down 10MHz. Easy as that, you don't have to worry about overheating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts