Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help comparing Video cards. I have a 9600 Xtasy card which works well with what I play now. I usually play everquest 2 and other RPG games that I want to get the best graphics from. I was looking into getting a 6600GT vid card, but wanted to know if spending the extra money will be worth it. I have read up on this card, a lot, and it seems to be really nice and on paper it definetly is better than my 9600XT. I am looking for opinions on the graphics and disply comparison mostly, in other words if I get the 6600 GT will it make my games look a lot better, or just make an improvment on frame rate and game performance?

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Do you notice any slowdown in games with your current card?

I just built a system with a 6600GT in it (the guy had a 9700pro oc'd before) and the 6600GT totally owned it.

The 9700pro was getting 150fps in Unreal 2003 benches whereas the 6600GT was getting 240fps without even being overclocked.

With those extra frames from the 6600GT you could enable AA to make it look nicer without suffering slowdown.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Yeah, the 6600GT will give you markedly better performance in games. You will be able to run higher resolutions with better features and less dropped frame rates. Here is a link that shows how much better the 6600GT is. Notice that they are comparing the 6600GT to the 9800 Pro. I think it is worth the money, but its your call...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey, i've just bought the Leadtek Winfast 6600gt and can reccomend it! no regrets what so ever, well priced and a solid performer

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggedlion

Hey, i've just bought the Leadtek Winfast 6600gt and can reccomend it! no regrets what so ever, well priced and a solid performer

Nope no slow down in games, Everquest 2 runs great a bit when in a town with a few people in it but usually it plows through. I may get the card just looking for opinions. My card currently only gets like 80 FPS which in comparison to the 6600GT and the above listed FPS is crap. Ill check into it thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jatw

Nope no slow down in games, Everquest 2 runs great a bit when in a town with a few people in it but usually it plows through. I may get the card just looking for opinions. My card currently only gets like 80 FPS which in comparison to the 6600GT and the above listed FPS is crap. Ill check into it thanks guys.

You won't see any difference betweem 80FPS and 5,000,000FPS. In my opinion, you only notice at around 50FPS.... But try turning on AA/AF and raising your resolution. I bet the 9600XT will cough at 1600x1200 with 2xAA and 8xAF.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts