Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've noticed sometimes after a reboot the 3rd or 4th core will be @ 4x while the other three will be at x17. It will not change due to load or anything, it will stay like this until a fresh reboot.

Has anyone else experienced this before? I have already contacted AMD and started the RMA process... I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen and what the situation was to cause this problem.

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by twistid
View Post

Hey, I've noticed sometimes after a reboot the 3rd or 4th core will be @ 4x while the other three will be at x17. It will not change due to load or anything, it will stay like this until a fresh reboot.

Has anyone else experienced this before? I have already contacted AMD and started the RMA process... I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen and what the situation was to cause this problem.

I haven't heard of this, but out of curiosity, what are you using to measure the multiplier? CPU-Z? Everest?

One thing I'd try is running superpi on each core, one at a time. If they all give the same time (or at least not drastically different), then it's just being read wrong. In that case, have you tried a different version of what's being used to read the multi?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Have you tried a BIOS reset? Sounds like a bizarre CnQ/AOD issue. REset CMOS and then go in and set everything manually.

It could be a defective CPU though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts