Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm trying to fine tune my 4.0Ghz OC. Took me around 4 1/2 hours last night to get a stable OC. I'm at 20X multi, 1.488v, I had to drop the NB from 2000 to 1800 to stabilize the OC and pushed the NB volts from 0.800 to 1.100v.

Any suggestions on a better method to balance this OC out? sitting at 51c during prime 95 testing.

·
Premium Member
6,344 Posts
Push that NB.

I get MUCH better performance running a 2.4Ghz NB @ 3.8Ghz than I do with a 2Ghz NB @ 4.1Ghz. You'd be surprised how much you can gain with a combination of CPU/NB overclocking. Communicating with GPU's is one of them.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazumi
View Post

I was getting unstable at 4.0Ghz and a higher NB oc. But I'll try boosting more Volts and boosting the NB up.

Yeah, it's pretty much a question of making the voltage high enough to support whatever overclock you're aiming for. Most likely the reason you're seeing the instability you mentioned is because your voltage is too low. Try not to go over 55c temps too.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Was holding at the current NB OC and Volts. However I broke 56c so I stop'd and went ahead and reduced volts to 1.466 down from 1.488 to see if I can keep it below 55c

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've read all across OC.net and other AMD sites. that the max temp is 62c on the AMD 965 BE. Only on the last couple weeks have I noticed people now saying 55c. Why the change?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm currently under full load prime95 testing at stable 59c..haha I'm gonna let this test a bit more, then down the Vcore a bit to reduce temps and hopefully stabilize at 55-57c during prime testing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.