Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will I see any kind performance gain's with any of those in game? (GTA4 ie.) I mean I love my 965 but the 6mb of L2c is killing me and I know the 1090T's have the same amount but, i'm not sure. I'm just throwing this into the air to see if anyone has gone this route before.

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,772 Posts
Well tech. u have 2mb L2 and 6mb L3. The 1090T will have 3mb of L2 and 6mb L3. Not much of gaming performance increase going from 965 to 1090t.

I went from 965 to 1055t just beacuse I wanted hex core but I dont do enough to see difference.

• Rep+
Reactions: Minigunner

·
Banned
3,414 Posts
There would be little point in moving, wait for future sockets.

But if you did, go sandybridge or 1366.

Moving to a hex core will make no difference in games, same architecture.

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,772 Posts
Also, FYI, another reason why I upgraded was I had the 140w 965 and could only get 3.8ghz out of it. I knew I could probably get 4.0 out of the 1055t. You seem to already have 4.0. Also I sold my 965 for $130 and paid only $150 for 1055t. SO I thought it was worth the 20 bucks.

• Rep+
Reactions: Minigunner

·
Registered
794 Posts
Not going to make a whole lot of a difference moving to either for gaming- the cost doesn't justify the upgrade for the 1-5 FPS difference in every game except for WoW (and a few others, WoW is just the first example that comes to mind).

If you play WoW, go get Sandy Bridge. You will notice the difference. Otherwise don't bother.

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Minigunner
View Post

Oh I understand, thanks fellas for the advice, I may just wait for the Bulldozer platform.

That would be your best bet...just wait a bit and see what kind of performance gains bulldozer will bring.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobieCat;12011185
That would be your best bet...just wait a bit and see what kind of performance gains bulldozer will bring.
Sounds good man, I gave all of you guys a rep for the help.
thumb.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts