Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just introduced myself, I'd now start explaining questions and doubts.

Well... I'm a happy owner of the S2XP Vaio notebook since a couple of weeks. It does 2600-2800 3DMark 2003 marks with its stock clocks, depending upon the quality settings of Direct3D etc. and I don't find it bad at all... but, after installing the Radlinker with the cool Omega drivers, I noticed that the clock settings of the VGA are the following:
- 390.5 MHz core
- 209.25 MHz memory
Having read that the declared specs of 9700M top out at 450/260, I was asking myself if I could raise those stock values and get closer to the board specs.

Reading around, I noticed that someone recommends not to OC a notebook graphics card, and looking at my Vaio I figured out that it could definitely be a notebook with a very little air inside.

Now I ask you: is there a good method which could guarantee that I won't break anything?
I'd like to try something, but my newbie fear is to melt the VGA (and I've just payed a lot for this note
)... if someone could explain me how to proceed in order to stay sure it won't broke... I'd really thank him

I'm asking about this just because the "overclock" I'd like to try is within the capabalities of the board itself, and not above... so I thought that maybe it could be safe.

Sorry for my inhexperience... and thanks for reading.
Giacomo

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
sorry but no there is not a good way you can guarantee not to break anything, ocing always has its dangers.
i am no expert on notebooks but possibly your graphics card top specs are set for if they were put in a notebook with space for more air, running slightly cooler. I would not recommend ocin your notebook as like you said, it does not seem to have much air inside. If I were you I would stick to your stock voltages and if you want to try overclocking then buy a cheapo system and give it a go.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi dud,i have a notebook with overclocked proc and GC.i think you should use a notebook cooler,with 4 fan would be great,cause heat is notebook enemy.I have an experience ,that if you oc your gc without a good cooler,your score wont up ,even will be worst,and of course your hardware lifetime would be decrease.
I have good suggestion,maybe you can buy titan cooler,it has 4 fan,and cost verrrryyy cheap,only 20 euro ,maybe 25 in dollar.
Another suggestion is maybe you would like to try omega driver,it has been proved Ã*n my notebook,works great.I can play far cry,doom 3,even Battle of Middle Earth,ohh yeah,works really great! Au revoir...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts