Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have read alot of places that say the line of 975x motherboards such as the one i have, will not accept the conroe chips but then others say that it will, does anyone have any insight to who is right? i would really like to know before i go buying a presler

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Nothing is official but if any currently avalailable mobos support Conroe, 975x is the most likely candidate by far, as it stands you are much more likely to be able to drop a Conroe into your 975x than I am with my nF4
I really hope both of ours end up supporting it though, that is gonna be one beastly CPU!

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
I'd like to know what the "hardware" issues are that the article mentioned, but never clarified. Although if the 975 never does support the Conroe, then I won't feel so bad for not getting the E-Premium version of my board

As of now, the only chipset that will officially run the Conroe is the 985 which won't be released until the Conroe itself comes out.

·
Premium Member
23,134 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper

I'd like to know what the "hardware" issues are that the article mentioned, but never clarified. Although if the 975 never does support the Conroe, then I won't feel so bad for not getting the E-Premium version of my board

As of now, the only chipset that will officially run the Conroe is the 985 which won't be released until the Conroe itself comes out.

I wouldn't feel bad owning that mobo--that's a killer mobo--and I imagine subsequent BIOS updates will offer support for the Conroe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.