Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I emailed EVGA about a problem I had, and got a very quick response. To keep it simple I'll just copy and paste my question and the response:

I decided to clean out my 2 video cards (9800 GT SC registered), and encountered a problem. One screw on each of my video cards (to remove the shroud) absolutely would NOT budge with the correct screwdriver. I ended up stripping both screws, one on each video card. I am going to use a dremel to remove the screws. I'm going to need 2 replacement screws that I can use after I remove the stripped ones. Can you help?

Response:
Answered By David Y (08/02/2009 4:07:58 AM): JadedFloridian, we do not have replacement parts for the heatsinks. If the cards are bad, generally we just replace them entirely. I would honestly suggest if you break the screws to just replace them at a local hardware shop. Thank you. EVGA Technical Support.

So does anyone have an idea what kind of screws I'd need to buy? The shroud screws are very short but I have zero knowledge of sizes. Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts
I would just measure them in mm with a ruler and by some new ones with a buffer either way of what diameter they are. Doesn't matter if they stick out, it's just the width you want.

Since they are cheap, if the diameter is say 5mm, buying some 4mm, 5mm and 6mm screws would ensure you get the correct fit in case you were slightly off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts