Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
yes my 9800gtx running furmark for 2 hours will reach 70C on 100% fan speed. But I also have 2 80MM fans blowing directly on the card with 2 fans doing exhaust..before my baby was running 80C.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Mine (see below) ran at 62C idle, and 77C load. Using the cooler I have now provides the temps shown in my system specs (see below). Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DIRTYDUCK View Post
yes but what is it on load? or folding...thats what im looking at now...is my folding temps. 69-70c I even have 2 extra fans blowing in on it.

I have a zulman 1000 LED I could toss on it, not sure if its the right kind of HSF though....anyone?
Oh sorry, my 9800GTX+ Loads at 50C with the fan at 80%. I am also in a cooler climate

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm in Arizona and I stopped having the AC on so its been hot sometimes during the day but at night weeee...55F ambient ftw helps alot.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DIRTYDUCK View Post
cool maybe I should toss that sucker on it...I think it would cool better then whatever they have inside the box....I have yet to open it up...its so pretty.
Definitely take off the stock cooler, more than likely the TIM used by the manufacturer resembles silly putty more than thermal paste...

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok I put the vf 1000 led on it and now its at 46c down from 70c lol well I guess that does it lol. why do they even put those cruddy coolers on them if they suck so bad?

oh and you were absolutely right about the TIM on it...just like silly putty! I could not believe it when I saw it...I had to laugh...it was so thick and there was enough of it to choke a small horse. I bet I could have put MX-2 on it and put it back together and it would have been 10c cooler..

I mean come on guys...who is putting your cards together for you? Can't you train them how to save you money on TIM...or whatever that crap was you put on the card lol.

·
Registered
862 Posts
it's always that bad...every time I always buy a new card...

first plug it in and run furmark for 15 mins...

take it out and apart...clean TIM...reapply w/e I have handy...

each time so far 4 different cards the thickness of TIM on each was almost 3mm thick its pretty ******ed...and these have been EVGA cards each time.

After reseating and putting them back in...10C off temps right off the bat...its pretty nice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts