Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a quick question.

When I had windows XP on my PC I was able to use the resolution 1600x900. Now that I have installed vista I can no longer use this resolution. My question is, is this because of nvidia drivers? If so does anyone have any idea on how to get this resolution back? My Monitor btw is a Samsung HDt220. Thanks in advance.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,140 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreative1
View Post

Hey guys I have a quick question.

When I had windows XP on my PC I was able to use the resolution 1600x900. Now that I have installed vista I can no longer use this resolution. My question is, is this because of nvidia drivers? If so does anyone have any idea on how to get this resolution back? My Monitor btw is a Samsung HDt220. Thanks in advance.

I apologize for this question, but did you install Vista drivers from NVIDIA, or are you still using the same ones you had in XP?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,140 Posts
Do you know whether or not it's set to the monitor's Native Resolution?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, native resolution has always been 1680x1050. I just likes using 1600x900 for gaming becuz it looks nicer. but now I don;t get the resolution at all and i get 1360x768.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,140 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kreative1
View Post

No, native resolution has always been 1680x1050. I just likes using 1600x900 for gaming becuz it looks nicer. but now I don;t get the resolution at all and i get 1360x768.

Hmm. Are there drivers for that monitor that are supported in Vista? I don't know if this will help any, but it might.

And I'm surprised that I'm the only one replying. lol

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
How does it look nicer? Near-native resolutions always look much blurrier than native res.

You should have a setting in your games called Anti-Aliasing. In every game but Crysis or FarCry 2 at 1680x1050 you should have no problem going up to 8xAA. Use it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts