Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asides from buying an adapter, I hear that it is okay to run 2x6pins, but there's some instability so you cannot OC. I plan to fold 24/7 with this card, so it'll be pulling power at max probably the whole time. Will this be an issue? Any advice?

My PSU is in my sig..

·
Banned
551 Posts
I think that 2 missing pins are ground. But I don't see a problem , if it runs with 2 6pin then rock.

Myself, I would get the connector for the 6.00 and just have it use the grounds.

·
Not so new to OCN
1,994 Posts
IRRC the 8 pin IS required for the card to work. It cannot work with only two 6 pin connectors.

And again if I'm not mistaken:
6 Pin= 75w of power
8 Pin= 150w of power

·
Not so new to OCN
1,994 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, most that can happen is getting a red lit power plug and nothing on the screen. You should look into that on the interwebz before taking any chances imho.

• Rep+
Reactions: tenzo19

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just emailed OCZ this morning, and just now, they replied saying they'll mail me an adapter
I LOVE OCZ!

·
Not so new to OCN
1,994 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzo19
View Post

I just emailed OCZ this morning, and just now, they replied saying they'll mail me an adapter
I LOVE OCZ!

Cool

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoon
View Post

If I'm not mistaken, most that can happen is getting a red lit power plug and nothing on the screen. You should look into that on the interwebz before taking any chances imho.

Thanks. Rep+

1 - 10 of 10 Posts