Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
5,223 Posts
Yes.

The first thing you can do is take off your heatsink covers which will put more hot air into your case, but at least your cards will still work.

You can also remove the heatsink, use some fresh CPU TIM on them and replace it.

If youre willing to put some more money into it though I would recommend looking into watercooling, but there arent really any aftermarket heatsinks that i know of.

But if you were to spend the 300$ on WCing i would just sell your 9800gx2s for 110$ ea and get a gtx 480 amp maybe

·
Registered
135 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maxhudson
View Post

Yes.

The first thing you can do is take off your heatsink covers which will put more hot air into your case, but at least your cards will still work.

You can also remove the heatsink, use some fresh CPU TIM on them and replace it.

If youre willing to put some more money into it though I would recommend looking into watercooling, but there arent really any aftermarket heatsinks that i know of.

But if you were to spend the 300$ on WCing i would just sell your 9800gx2s for 110$ ea and get a gtx 480 amp maybe

Yeah, getting watercooling for one card... Waste of money really lol

·
Banned
5,223 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus Desces Meridius
View Post

Yeah, getting watercooling for one card... Waste of money really lol

what are you talking about??

·
Registered
135 Posts
Quote:

View Post

what are you talking about??

Your suggestion?

Quote:

·
Banned
5,223 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Your suggestion?

where did you get the idea that i meant watercooling only one?

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
I have one, and it ran hot too. But not that hot, about 85c. Ive seen waterblocks for them, but at twice what I paid for the card itself. And used is not existent. I did see somewhere where someone took two HR-03 GT heatsinks and mounted them both onto the card, inbetween the cards to be exact. It took up like 4 PCIe spaces in the rig though, but it looked awesome.

·
I Am Gooble Gobble
6,668 Posts
Quote:

View Post

We are only talking about ONE card... So

your quite vague

or if the boy feels like having fun, he can always mod-mount a 775 socket cooler to it...forgot where...somewhere here on ocn someone had a guide for that i believe

·
Registered
135 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCSarge
View Post

or if the boy feels like having fun, he can always mod-mount a 775 socket cooler to it...forgot where...somewhere here on ocn someone had a guide for that i believe

lol that would be pretty meh.

He got his temps down it looks like...

·
Banned
5,223 Posts
Oh
Quote:

View Post

We are only talking about ONE card... So

your quite vague

Oh. I thought it would be obvious that he should get watercooling for both of them...

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Oh

Oh. I thought it would be obvious that he should get watercooling for both of them...

Both of what? He only has 1 card.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Oh

Well he never said anything about the other cards man.

Its all good, who cares. Guy got it figured out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts