Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my new 9800se
(palit daytona/yuan) 256mb ram 128bit core/mem speed 380/250 (eff 500).
I softmoded it with omega drivers, when i restart my pc everything is OK (i play HL2
) , but if i exit the game and try to load it again an error appeared(look attachement). I thaught that softmod caused that, so i clened drivers and installed cat 4.11...But still the same problem.

Second problem:
I can't remove the HSF...A supernatural force is holding it!
neeyedsm (i can't see what's holding it on top of gpu). If you need i can post pics of that HSF...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, i don't have Silencer, but i'm getting my zalman ZM80D-HP soon.
And no, it's not 9800xt...Only 8 pipelines are unlocked (not overclocked, until i get my cooler), then it'll be 9800pro (128bit and a bit lower mem speed)

ps i'm not going to flash card's bios

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There were two plastic "hs holders"(in attachement), but when i removed them, i saw that they were jus imitation!

And here's my hsf pics:

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
hex, sometimes they use a thermal glue rather than a thermal paste...the glue dries like rubber cement.

TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK:

It is known to work...place the card in the freezer for a couple hours, making the glue very brittle. Use a butter knife or similar to wedge the heatsink and slowly work it off. Sounds bad, but it won't hurt anything if you don't slip.

WARNING: Let the card dry out completely (let it get back to room temp, then use compressed air or a hairdryer to remove ANY condensation.

Then install the zalman...

***EDIT

Check your advanced tab for your monitor settings, make sure hardware acceleration is set to full, might clear it up.

Found a source online that said to run a driver cleaner, then install latest ATI's, THEN check for hardware acceleration...figured checking hardware accel was easier.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thnx xavier, i'll try it.
And about that error:
I found that palit is making it's own drivers...Could it be the source of problem?

·
Registered
27 Posts
It might not be your softmod at all. It could be your game (if you got it off the internet
) or mabe your motherboard cant handle your crazy video card. Try reinstalling yout video card drivers that came with your video card then try to update them from you video card's web site.

• Rep+
Reactions: hexogenn

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also have such a feeling that it could be HL2...Because that error appears only when i start and then exit it (DOOM 3 works well).
But after the message is shown, no1 of applications (which uses OpenGL) start(games,3dmarks etc).

EDIT: downloaded drivers and i think it's ati's catalyst...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Conclusion of this thread:
1)I removed my HSF
(thanks xavier)
2)All drivers (Omega,DNA,Cat,Cat(from manufacturer)) have a same problem, so it's mine HL2 causing engine errors.

Thanks 4 help everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts