·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
situation:
i'm pratically without vga for now(just an old 560ti to fill the hole),
had a 970 msi oc at 1500 core and 4000 ram,
but was not enough,so i sold it and the idea was to buy a 980ti when i discovered the new nvidia gpu so i sold my gtx 970 before price drop.

after reading many reviews i've seen 1080 is a very good card,
but i don't know how smart it is to buy it if in next future it will come for sure a 1080ti and who knows what else by the end of this year.

for what i need,1070/980ti should be enough for good gaming,i wanted 1080 to be sure bout it but i feel like a starved fish toward the bait at the idea to buy it.
should i wait for the 1070 or buy a cheap used 980ti?
anyone got decent previsions about 980ti vs 1070?

cause i think they should get about same price.

ideas?

ps:
need a decent side scroll game advice cause it's max 560ti can handle..
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I wouldn't buy a secondhand 980ti just yet, the price is definitely still going to drop over the next couple of days / weeks as people start ordering their Pascal cards and put their old cards up for sale.

Concerning the 1070, virtually nothing is know for sure yet, with rumours going both ways.
Can't really tell anything for sure until the first websites start releasing their benchmarks
wink.gif

As for a good sidescroller, have you tried Ori and the Blind Forest?
Alternatively: Child of Light. I LOVED that game
thumb.gif

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx for reply and ty for titles,
not played and they both look beautifull and perfect in the wait.
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
15,714 Posts
I am a 980ti user.

If today I had NO GPU I would wait for 1070 between 1070 and 980ti.

Lower power consumption and cooler GPU seems nice. However we still dont have a real review of the GPU.

Meanwhile if you can grab a used 980ti with warranty for 350$ tops grab it.

·
Overclocker
11,644 Posts
Maybe in US the prices are going to be reasonable for both new and 2nd hand but everywhere else the prices are steep as hell for both. 1080 is nowhere to be seen yet except reviews, shops don't even list it for preorder. It's just a "paper launch" with no hardware being seen i shops. Reviewers got their samples from Nvidia not retail stores, making it possible to be cherry picked cards to boost reviews. Gotta wait for independent reviews of retail cards. So far the crazy Nvidia hype bubble burst hard. 10xx is nice but nowhere near what Nvidia advertised. Seems the same as 970 and 980 a chopped down cards, not the top cards they could be. Still no async in hardware.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi,

it is worth to buy the 980 Ti and with the SAME money to buy the 1070? What do you think are the performances between the cards?

Cheers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm actually in a similar situation of going for a second hand 980Ti (with the view of holding onto it until I pick up a 1080Ti or next Titan) versus 1080 (wouldn't buy a 1080Ti/titan if I got one). If I can get one around $300US reckon it's worth it, or will I just be wasting the $300 considering I'll only have it for 12~18months? Will be using it for 1440p gaming.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm a 980 ti user. Currently debating if selling and go 1070/1080 or wait for next year. I'm running the acer 4K gsync. Most games are in high and are between 45/60 fps.

The only reason I might switch is since I'm switching to the ncase and don't think an Evga ACX will do to well there specially if I put a 3.5 hdd in there.

If you could get a 980 ti bellow 350 I think you should be good, unless you are thinking of VR then I would go 1070.

I think prices in 980 ti's will stabilize once third party 1080 are released. Think about it. Many based the 1080 price on msrp but if no cards hit msrp prices then980tis will not pummel in price; yet it must be close to 1070's price

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just sold my 980Ti G1 an hour ago for 460€. Prices are dropping extremely quickly. 2 Weeks ago I could have sold for 550€. Looks like the 1070 will be really close performance wise and retail around 450-500. I'm waiting for the non-reference 1080 cards to see the prices and performance. The custom watercooled card gamersnexus did is a good indication of what to expect. And it's looking very sweet indeed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerrethDotCom View Post

Just sold my 980Ti G1 an hour ago for 460€. Prices are dropping extremely quickly. 2 Weeks ago I could have sold for 550€. Looks like the 1070 will be really close performance wise and retail around 450-500. I'm waiting for the non-reference 1080 cards to see the prices and performance. The custom watercooled card gamersnexus did is a good indication of what to expect. And it's looking very sweet indeed.
Yesterday some one approach me to buy my 980 ti, I attempted to it for $380 usd, based my price an recent ebay bid which was $380 + 20 shipping, was said no since the 1070 is $379 MSRP, which is optimism of people actually thinking there will be a card woth $379 on June 10. The potential buyer has never been in the resale market so i tried to guide him and say, regardless if he buys mine or not, to wait for benchamrks and really consider because if hes patient a used 980ti might be like $350 vs a 1070 which can reach $450 after taxes. if its really worth the extra $100.00 ( 22% more) for his current setup. I think its a 1080p monitor not lookign intoVR, 900 Watts PSU, ATX case.

I personally doubt any card will hit MSRP until a few 2-3 months later when there's third party reference like coolers. but that's speculations who knows. I'm still undecided what to do but as you said the clock is tiking.

BTW do you have a link to the gamer nexus water cooled?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZerrethDotCom View Post

I sold my Classified for 530€ and I'm looking for the 1070
wink.gif
. I don't want to pay so much for the 1080 if I know that the 1080ti will be much better (see the leak) and that it will cost as much as the 1080 will cost..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts