Two days ago I started Ark and the temp of my 980Ti Hybrid went from 25c to 90c in seconds. My two nf-f12's that are on the radiator where still spinning, but they where not expelling any heat. I feared that the pump broke or the mounting got loose somehow. To check for the latter I took the shroud off, but everything seemed fine. I put the card back in my system and could hear the pump again. I was relieved until I fired up Ark (99% gpu load) and saw that my temps where above 70c instead of 50c like before. So it seems that the pump kinda works, but not the way it should?
Thinks I tried or thought of:
- I have thought about reapplying the pump to make sure that it is making good contact. I have not tried it before posting here, because there is no reason that it could have come loose, since my system hasn't moved in months.
- I have tried putting my case on it's side to see if a air bubble is the cause of my problem and that didn't help.
- I ran the nf-f12's at max speed (~1400rpm) and the gpu temp reached 65c in Ark. Before they ran at ~800 rpm and it reached 50c like I mentioned before.
Stuff that might be important:
- Mr-Dark (a helpful user) made me a custom bios which I have used for several months now (thread
). The only thing that was changed was the power limit.
GM200.zip 152k .zip file
- I changed the shroud (the free promotion by EVGA one) when I saw that the pump 'worked' again and I figured I might as well take the opportunity. Other then the nicer look, the shroud has a led that plugs in the pcb. EDIT: turned the led off in the Geforce Experience software and nothing changed.
- Before I noticed this problem, I had several cpu related blue screens because I was testing a higher overclock. This seems very far fetched, but is it possible that a gpu bios can get corrupted when cpu related blue screens occur?
- My system seems a lot more quiet then before, which substantiates the theory that something is wrong with the pump, since that was the loudest part in my build.
- I have noticed that the gpu temps jump up and down more, instead of changing gradually like before.
Any help is much appreciated!