Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in need of a video card but im wondering how much longer until the new series of nvidia cards are released?

Should I wait?

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
You should expect around June or so at earliest for a launch. The next closest big tech show is Computex, of which they do participate. And that is end of May, beginning of June. If you can survive w/o a GPU for the next 2-3 months, then by all means wait. Otherwise, the current prices of 980Tis have been quite enticing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
780Ti was released Nov '13, the 980Ti was just released June '15.. Not exactly at the end of its life span in less than a year ... There was not a drastic increase between the 780Ti and 980 ( http://www.overclock.net/t/1515264/gtx-980-vs-gtx-780-ti-benchmarked-1440p-performance )

While the "1080" may offer a bump over the 980Ti this summer I wouldn't expect to see a drastic increase in performance until 2017.. I personally just recently upgraded from SLI 670's to a 980Ti classified, feel it will hold me over until late '17, '18.. Can always add a second card..

·
Registered
257 Posts
Honestly unless you 4K game, there is no huge need to wait for Pascal. But you need to consider your bang for buck, versus what you wanna do. And you also need to consider what your rig can already do, and ask, do I really need more right now?

Some are saying that the 980 Ti is going down in price. Confirm this in your area with online retailers. Check the price and see if it's reasonable to you. If it is not, then wait. Afterall, unless your computer can't handle what you want it to do, then there is no need to rush out and buy something and blow money. Saving money could later down the road buy a 1080 Ti or even a Pascal Titan.

·
Premium Member
20,153 Posts
op, if sig is up to date, then it is the psu that needs upgrade. this is, of course, if your games support crossfire. i don't think the 4770K is fast enuf to leave at stock with 2 290s.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts