Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i want to thank everyone who helped me and supported my last topic

i finished over clocking 4.3 stable at 1.39 vcore,north bridge at stock voltages

now today ill run vantage and some other test for everyone





i ran prime for 6 hours or so on 2 different voltage settings then linx and everything checked out ok.

now next step is my fermi cards/and maybe during the summer depending how i feel i might do a whole new loop with a super rad in a corsair obsidian case cooling the north bridge and south bridge,right now only cooling the cpu,still debating on it

id also like to point out my nb idles at 55 c,when i had my 920 it use to idle in the 60s oddly enough not sure it has anything to do with the processor change but i did nothing to my system but change the processor.

also the guy with the gtx 295 rampage 2 and 980x did you not say you got low gpu scores also until you edited something in vantage if so what was it?

just for the lol







this is for the person who asked me to run this bench

HERE IS A SCREEN SHOT OF VANTAGE EXTREME CPU TEST AT 4.4 GHZ





stable ran it for 6 hours and i ran 50 run of linx

btw 40372 in vantage with physx turned off via extreme mode.

My linx with 50 passes at 4.4 ghz





UPDATE TO CINEBENCH AT 4.4 GHZ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,487 Posts
Finally! Cant wait!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now i am not a wiz when it comes to that vantage program may you tell me how to set it up to run the benches please ill do that within the next hour for everyone
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,487 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Rud3Bwoy
View Post

now i am not a wiz when it comes to that vantage program may you tell me how to set it up to run the benches please ill do that within the next hour for everyone

NP, you install and enter the CD key I gave you right? After that just open up vantage and up at the topish there will be a drop-down menu, it should say performance already, but if it doesn't click it and select performance. Then towards to bottom of the application you should see run benchmark, just click that and your good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,982 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Greg121986
View Post

That OC should be good to do benches, but I would not call that stable.

I'm thinking the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,487 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Greg121986
View Post

That OC should be good to do benches, but I would not call that stable.

6 Hours of Prime 95 and id call it stable. I'm not going to run it for 24hours+ unless I'm either really bored or really really bored. He should be just fine.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucklez View Post
6 Hours of Prime 95 and id call it stable. I'm not going to run it for 24hours+ unless I'm either really bored or really really bored. He should be just fine.
lol ill say its stable i ran prime for 6 hours on 1.40 volts no issues then ran linx no issues dropped to 1.39 volts ran prime again 6 hours then linx no issues

1.38 and lower bsod

6-8 hours is what i always run prime and it never failed me yet on any of my ocs

and i use my pc 24 hours as i use it for work purpose
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
Rud,

Can i get a Processor arithmetic benchmark from the Sandra Soft benchmark suite. We're trying to compare the X6 at 4Ghz to a Gulftown at 4Ghz. What i'm looking for is how many GIPS it puts out
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hey Zeus View Post
Rud,

Can i get a Processor arithmetic benchmark from the Sandra Soft benchmark suite. We're trying to compare the X6 at 4Ghz to a Gulftown at 4Ghz. What i'm looking for is how many GIPS it puts out
sure give me a few.

update for everyone at 4.4 so far prime 95 stable for 2 hours,ill let it run for 6 to 8 hours then run LINX like always..

not going any further as temps are mid 70s like i said def want a better wc loop this summer so i can push this more
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rud3Bwoy View Post
sure give me a few.

update for everyone at 4.4 so far prime 95 stable for 2 hours,ill let it run for 6 to 8 hours then run LINX like always..

not going any further as temps are mid 70s like i said def want a better wc loop this summer so i can push this more
Take your time and thank you
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
on a side note i also want to add that ever since getting this processor the system seems much faster oppose to having a 920

now every time i did a processor upgrade i never felt a difference speed wise on the system but def with this processor i do
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top