Overclock.net banner

2581 - 2583 of 2583 Posts

·
Just hangin' out
1,102 Posts
1. I setup everything manually AND it works on 8700K, BUT don`t work on 9900K
2. I explained that I setup 1.05 and 1.15 V (the same what I have on 8700K), also increased these values to 1.25V – nothing change!
3. I didn`t mention that I use XMP, I wrote “3733mhz with all custom timings (all timings changed regarding formulas, 100% stable system)” where is here XMP?

I don`t use XMP, I don`t activate XMP profile, I setup everything manually: frequency, voltages, timings etc.

Even more: I wanted setup from the scratch on 9900K, but more than 3400Mhz I can`t get.
OK, just a suggestion to find a starting point.

Good luck, hope you figure it out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
1. I setup everything manually AND it works on 8700K, BUT don`t work on 9900K
2. I explained that I setup 1.05 and 1.15 V (the same what I have on 8700K), also increased these values to 1.25V – nothing change!
3. I didn`t mention that I use XMP, I wrote “3733mhz with all custom timings (all timings changed regarding formulas, 100% stable system)” where is here XMP?

I don`t use XMP, I don`t activate XMP profile, I setup everything manually: frequency, voltages, timings etc.

Even more: I wanted setup from the scratch on 9900K, but more than 3400Mhz I can`t get.
For the beginning - maybe you could start being less toxic when asking people in this forum for help.

Regarding your problem:
yes, it is surely possible. High memory overclocks can destabilize your CPU Ring clock and every CPU is different. It is possible to determine from the nature of "crashes" / when you get BSOD what is probably the cause.
Usually my experience is if you press hard-reset button on your case during this BSOD and after that it is doing nothing for a while, then suddenly PC shuts off and starts automatically again then it is probably unstable CPU ring clocks.
And you need to bump up the VCCIO voltage more or lower the CPU Cache/Ring ratio enough. If it restarts immediately without "shutting off between" then it is unstable Core clock = push more Vcore.
Be aware - VCore also affects Ring voltage, so if your 9900K runs on lower voltage then your previous 8700K then there is less voltage combined for the Ring than before and thus possibly unstable OC.

Last thing which comes to my mind is the 1T/2T Command Rate (CR). It is quite possible that the second CPU is not able to run 2T timings so smoothly as the first CPU.
When I tested some momory OC, I could reach stable overclocks at 1T CR with 7700K while on 8700K with even better board it was not able to run 1T even with considerably higher voltages. 2T was possible though.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
sorry didnt' realize this isn't a general 9900K thread, please deleto lol

2581 - 2583 of 2583 Posts