Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a little problem and I'm not really sure how can I solve it or why it even is there.

1. I delided my CPU and lapped it. This makes the surface of the CPU Die (in theory at least) quite flat.
2. My watercooling block is also lapped to the direct copper.

Point 1 and 2 should synchronize very well as both surfaces are flat.

I decided to delid because my temps were ridiculous :/ After deliding and getting rid of the sTIM I tried to run it directly on the die to see how were the temps (they were similar to what they are now btw). After seeing that the temps are horrible I decided to lap it. It was not lapped much, priority was to make it flat, not to get rid of the oversized top of the die.

What rly is a bummer for me now is the ridiculous core delta. it is in the territory of 25C. tbh, I was very bad before (like 15C) but not that much.

I'm using liquid metal as a time Die-Block. I tried reseating it 3 times and one time I even used normal paste (Noctua NT-H1).

The worst one is the Core 2. then Core 0 and 4. Core 7 is the coldest and tbh I expected the temperatures in +- this range. The temps on this core are also the most stable. Core 2 for example is all over the place.

Do you have any ideas about what could be the main cause? I played with the block a few times but nothing really helps :/
Maybe someone have an idea where are the cores located. I found the "pic" of where the cores are in the die but not what core would be Core 0, 1, 2 etc.

The test where I tested the temps is Linpack Xtreme to make the most heat and delta more visible.

·
Just hangin' out
1,071 Posts
Surely your minimum core temperatures at idle are not what is shown...

Also, which test were you running in LinPack Extreme?

I can post a screen shot of my 9900K running it to compare to if you wish.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,192 Posts
how did you lap the water block/die? you can smooth a surface but that doesn't mean it's level.

the delta on mine was only 8C between Core 7 (86C) and Core 4 (94C) after three CB20 runs but I'm not delided.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts