Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about about mac. I know I know it's like blasphemy but they look sweet and relatively cheap and ive been lookin um up and I know you all PC fans but does anyone here like Mac at all? Any suggestions or anythin?

·
Banned
2,956 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeEnIke

I'm thinking about about mac. I know I know it's like blasphemy but they look sweet and relatively cheap and ive been lookin um up and I know you all PC fans but does anyone here like Mac at all? Any suggestions or anythin?

i like macs. get a g5 dual 2.5 ghz and what, 6 gigs of ram?

·
Banned
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Waffles

i like macs. get a g5 dual 2.5 ghz and what, 6 gigs of ram?

Damn you have my dream lol 6 gigs?!? are you serious? And how much would all that cost you? lol

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
That'll cost you into like $15 K+ lol. They got some pretty nice machines, just pricey. Go with a G5 though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love macs, more than pcs. But they are jus too expensive for me. Go for the best mac you can buy, i d like to know how it goes.

edit- yay there expensive as hell, i customized a mac on the apple site all the way up to like 20 k cdn.

·
Banned
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pooooop

I love macs, more than pcs. But they are jus too expensive for me. Go for the best mac you can buy, i d like to know how it goes.

edit- yay there expensive as hell, i customized a mac on the apple site all the way up to like 20 k cdn.

Well I know its not great but what does anyone think of the new mac mini?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well its not really as cheap as they advertise it to be. I mean 256MB of memory is mediocre to run OS X. You're gonna need over 512MB cause macs need more mem and that can end up costing like $400+ just for the mem upgrade. The emac is probably a better bang for the buck. But the mac mini is still pretty nice, great design. Almost all apple products look nice.

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
$982 for the Mini Mac with 1 gig of RAM, 1.42 GHZ processor, 80 gig hard drive, keyboard and mouse. $22 a month... Thats a cheap monthly payment. If only all computers went like that..

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori

$982 for the Mini Mac with 1 gig of RAM, 1.42 GHZ processor, 80 gig hard drive, keyboard and mouse. $22 a month... Thats a cheap monthly payment. If only all computers went like that..

For how long? I did a payment plan for my laptop, they are such a bad deal.

·
Banned
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jori

Were do u see that?

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Does it matter?? It would take awhile to pay off a PC to. And dont say "Well what if I have the money now..." If you have the money now then just pay as much as you can. No matter what, you cant really win with a PC.

·
Overclocking since 1998
931 Posts
The one thing I'd be worried about with the Mac mini is that slow ass 2.5" laptop drive inside. Laptops take forever to boot and load programs and this mini is probably the same way. I'd have to test drive one first before buying. If it performse like a G4 desktop then it'd be pretty sweet for the money.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts