Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. How much does a typical good watercooling kit cost? I see different prices all across the net, which one is best? Which one is overpriced?

2. Do you usually have to buy more blocks separately? It looks like the kits only come with tubes and the little heatsinks to cool the NB, and the CPU. What if you want the same unit to cool your CPU, NB, Mosfets, and GPU's?

3. For that matter, what all is actually worth watercooling? Obviously the CPU and NB are, but what else will actually benefit from being water cooled? RAM? Mosfets? GPU's?

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
CPU, NB and GPU are most commonly watercooled.

Watercooled RAM is pointless. Don't know about mosfets.

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
1 don't but thermaltake. Make a custom loop your self
you will get better performance

making a custom w/c by your self can range from 300-600 bucks

If you you are making a custom loop you buy your parts separate.

only thing can benefit is cpu, gpu, nb
cooling ram with water is a waste. if you have a good airflow you are fine
www.frozencpu.com
www.sidewindercomputers.com
www.jab-tech.com
www.crazypc.com
are sites you should look at for water cooling parts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 006 View Post
what about CPU ?

O lol my bad.. Meant CPU, NB and GPU.

·
HEC Club
13,595 Posts
read my faqs please they will answer most if not all your questions

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies. But dam, i did not expect a decent self made watercooling system to cost $300-$600! A lot of people like Swiftech, anyone here know anything about them?

·
Registered
525 Posts
There are a lot of water block vendors. Aside from CPU block, most of the mother board blocks are about the same. Just make sure it fits your particular mother board. As for CPU block, there are two good ones in my opinion: Swiftech Apogee GTX & D-Tek Fuzion v2. Google reviews on the blocks you're interested. For GPU blocks, you need to make sure if you card is of reference design as most of the GPU blocks(full coverage) are made for reference cards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.