Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'm looking for a replacement to the 200mm stock Corsair fan for my 600t case. Anyone have an suggestions for a good intake fan that would replace this piece of garbage? Preferably solutions that involve a single fan, if there are solutions known for multiple fans that will fit the front of my case, I'd be willing to hear it out. Thanks!

·
Senior OCN Member
40,451 Posts
All 200mm fans are pretty much the same as your Corsair fan so you would be better off getting dual 120mm or 140mm fans instead if you have room for it.
I would get two Noctua NF-14 FLX fans or something similar, just dont get any fans from Corsair.

• Rep+
Reactions: bajer29

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

All 200mm fans are pretty much the same as your Corsair fan so you would be better off getting dual 120mm or 140mm fans instead if you have room for it.
I would get two Noctua NF-14 FLX fans or something similar, just dont get any fans from Corsair.
OK, my only concern is there's no bracket (that I can see) that will fit a 120 or 140. Might have to drill some holes. Damn case is falling apart, anyway.
mad.gif

·
Senior OCN Member
40,451 Posts

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
393 Posts
I had one of the CM Megahelms 200 fans and it was a good replacement for my stock 650D fan. Seemed to move more air and was noticeably quieter in my case after I cut out the metal mesh with air holes (I tested both fans before and after because of course without any metal restriction it would flow better).
thumb.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: bajer29

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MythTFLfan29 View Post

I had one of the CM Megahelms 200 fans and it was a good replacement for my stock 650D fan. Seemed to move more air and was noticeably quieter in my case after I cut out the metal mesh with air holes (I tested both fans before and after because of course without any metal restriction it would flow better).
thumb.gif
Thanks for the personal experience/ feedback on the CM fan.
thumb.gif

EDIT: I can see that it's possible to fit the Mega Flow in the 600t. HDD cage needs moved apparently, but this looks to be the best scenario with the least amount of modding. I'm afraid if I take anymore plastic parts off this case, the whole thing is going to fall apart.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1120468/200mm-fans-for-corsair-600t#post_14991753

Think I'll go with the solid black http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MegaFlow-200-Computer/dp/B002LE8BJA

·
Registered
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajer29 View Post

Thanks for the personal experience/ feedback on the CM fan.
thumb.gif

EDIT: I can see that it's possible to fit the Mega Flow in the 600t. HDD cage needs moved apparently, but this looks to be the best scenario with the least amount of modding. I'm afraid if I take anymore plastic parts off this case, the whole thing is going to fall apart.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1120468/200mm-fans-for-corsair-600t#post_14991753

Think I'll go with the solid black http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MegaFlow-200-Computer/dp/B002LE8BJA
Yeah I had to move my cages closer to the PSU as well. You should be good on space, I had an AX1200 that make it difficult to work around at the time due to the length but I made it work. Hope all goes smoothly for you!

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

200mm fans are just a terrible fan size in general.
At present, absolutely. Not a single one on the market that I would recommend. Two 140mm are a far, far better option - more air movement with less noise.

·
Senior OCN Member
40,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciarlatano View Post

At present, absolutely. Not a single one on the market that I would recommend. Two 140mm are a far, far better option - more air movement with less noise.
Noctua showed a 200mm fan prototype years ago, but at this point i consider it a unicorn and i dont think we will ever see that Noctua 200mm fan.
If we ever do i am sure its gong to make a joke out of every other 200mm fan.

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, CM was in the price-range was looking for, so I did end up going the 200mm route. Anything has to be better than the junk fan that came with the case. I will be fully upgrading case fans with my next case purchase (probably won't be for a while).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts