Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i've been searching for some aftermarket coolers for my hot and LOUD stock cooler of my 4850.

the best ones i can find that best fits in my catogory of budget and performance are Accelero S1 or duorb. however, i really dont want a cooler thats gonnna dump hot air into my cpu and my PSU. I just want something like the 4870 cooler for my card that can spit out hot air via pci port.

if anyone knows any dual slot cooler that gets rid of hit air via pci slot, i would be much appreciated
thanks

Again
i really dont want a cooler thats gonna move air up into my case, heating my CPU and PSU. I just want a cooler that blow out hot air via pci port

·
Registered
862 Posts
if you have a good case with good airflow that shouldn't be an issue.

otherwise its pretty easy...

post in wanted forums for dual slot stock coolers for 4850's 3870's 4870's etc...they are all the same mounting

·
4.0ghz
4,563 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maddux View Post
if you have a good case with good airflow that shouldn't be an issue.

otherwise its pretty easy...

post in wanted forums for dual slot stock coolers for 4850's 3870's 4870's etc...they are all the same mounting
I guess you never had a single-slot 8800GT then, same situation.

·
Banned
1,358 Posts
My 4850 gets up to 88c with the stock reference cooler with a fan speed of 60% on maximum load. Turn up the fan speed any louder and it'll sound like a freaking jet engine.

·
Premium Member
16,528 Posts

·
Nobody
6,466 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GivingHope View Post
you guys dont get it... i want a cooler similar to 4870 and 8800gts/gtx and 9800gtx

i really dont want a cooler thats gonna move air up into my case, heating my CPU and PSU. I just want a cooler that blow out hot air via pci port

Unfortunately they don't make them any more for the newer cards. But as has been said, the 3870/4870's use the same mounting holes so if someone has an extra one lying around they can hook you up with it maybe.

Otherwise, you're kinda outta luck. Sorry man.

But I agree with you, one of teh main reasons I went with 4870's after having my 4850's.

But also, like a few said, if you have good case airflow you shouldn't see a rise in temps from say the Accelero S1.

We know what you want, you want something like this http://www.arcticcooling.com/vga2.php?disc=1&idx=61 , But there just isn't a company making them for new gfx cards.

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you want to buy me a accelero twin turbo you can have my stock 4870 cooler. Not exactly a fair trade but you get what you want.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I have one like it on a 7950 GT, but I seriously doubt it would work with a 4850. As others have said, that design has been basically dropped for some reason.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts