Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am thinking of buying this computer off of ebay and i was wondering if it was any good..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...160899470&rd=1
It comes with a
Intel Pentium 4 3.2 ghz Prescott processessor with hyperthreading
8xAGP ATI RADEON 9200 VIDEO w/128MB DDRAM & TV-OUT
1024MB FAST DDRAM, GOLD LEADS
80GB ATA-133 7200RPM HARD DRIVE
those are the specs. Also if i get this computer how much do you think i could overclock it? Thanks...

-Ben

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BenD188

Hi i am thinking of buying this computer off of ebay and i was wondering if it was any good..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...160899470&rd=1
It comes with a
Intel Pentium 4 3.2 ghz Prescott processessor with hyperthreading
8xAGP ATI RADEON 9200 VIDEO w/128MB DDRAM & TV-OUT
1024MB FAST DDRAM, GOLD LEADS
80GB ATA-133 7200RPM HARD DRIVE
those are the specs. Also if i get this computer how much do you think i could overclock it? Thanks...

-Ben

vid cards BLOWS! All ram basically have gold leads.. lol, and that mobo isn't very good..

·
Registered
867 Posts
YiffyGriffy's right, the ATi Radeon 9200 is garbage and very dated (and I know, I own one =P).

The other stuff is very impressive, but this is exactly the reason why people have decided to build their own computers than just buy one premade.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gearbox

YiffyGriffy's right, the ATi Radeon 9200 is garbage and very dated (and I know, I own one =P).

The other stuff is very impressive, but this is exactly the reason why people have decided to build their own computers than just buy one premade.

What kind of games would it play? Would it play doom 3....how about postal 2 or halo?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
wouldnt play doom3 well, or anything else newer then a year old....

its not a good deal imo, with a gay vid card. do yourslef a favor and build your own computer.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Postal 2 runs fine on 800x600/1024x768 but it's only fair to say there will be frame rate 'hiccups' with this card.

Halo... Hell, it'll barely run on 640x480 with the lowest quality.

I'm not even going to try Doom 3.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

man, not a good deal imo, with a gay vid card. do yourslef a favor and build your own computer.

Does anyone have a suggestion on where to get a good comp for not too expensive.. Or if i build it myself where would i get the parts. I know newegg.com has some good deals but does anyone have any input?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by comrad

yeah, we need buget, but that is not a good deal in my opinion.

somewhere around 800 including xp and shipping...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts