Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the titlesays ijust have a few questions about my xmas psp 1st is there anything i can do about screen glare plying out door is unbeable 2nd with the new update 3.02 i cant find the option for java 3rd if i downgrade to 1.5 is there a way to get a browser on it thanks for any help man it was dumb of me to post thison my psp lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
Quote:
nything i can do about screen glare plying out door is unbeable
Make sure you have the screen backlighting to MAX setting- it'll fight the sunlight. Also, try playing with a baseball cap on. If the sun is above you, the front of the cap will block the screen nicely for you. That's in my experience at least.

Quote:
with the new update 3.02 i cant find the option for java
I can't help you with that one. Im running 1.5 and I havent updated devhook to 3.02 yet.

Quote:
if i downgrade to 1.5 is there a way to get a browser on it
There sure is! Once your at 1.50, you can use an app called "Devhook" to emulate the newest firmwares for the PSP. Basically, when you need to play UMD's that require new firmware or want a feature of a new firmware, like the browser, you can start devhook in 1.50, and it will emulate a firmware of your choosing. then once your done with that, you can exit the emulated firmware back to 1.5 at any time.

Hopefully that helps. Good Luck.

BTW, I would have killed myself trying to type your whole post in the psp browser :laughter:

• Rep+
Reactions: Cncrcmoto

·
Registered
148 Posts
F3t1sh - No, not 3.03 I don't think. But 3.02 I believe theres some sort of exploit or downgrader available that came out recently.

And why is Java dangerous for the PSP? the only possible way is for some sort of java app that writes a "bricker" and flashes the PSP. Im not sure its possible though. You can never be too careful.

Make sure your downgraders and homebrew are legit. Nothing worse then a freshly bricked PSP just after Christmas

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well I've just had a look. The news isn't too good im afriad. As of now, there is no downgrader for 3.02. The only think available right now is emulated 3.02-b through devhook. You'll have to wait for some sort of downgrader to be made. Its basically a waiting game from now on for you, Cncrcmoto.

Make sure you check http://psp-hacks.com often for the latest news on it!

Good luck.

Add-On : F3t1sh - lol I figured as much. And thats good to know 2.80+ are safe from them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
allright ill be check often thanks again for the help guys. man I really regreat updating my psp now lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts