Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come to realize a couple of things about my watercooling setup and the parts involved in it.

I hate the Danger Den High-Density Polyethylene Reservoir. It is more of a pain then it is worth. You can't even fill it all of the way up so if you bump your tower it puts bubbles into your system. I'll be switching to a T line here shortly.

I hate the Danger Den NV-68. While it has a good idea with cooling the RAM on your card and it has great flow this sucker just plain weighs too damn much. It makes your video card bend and it is too pricey...good thing I only spent $60 on it.

I love the Apogee. It's great. The flow is really high and it keeps my CPU cool...I couldn't ask for more.

I love Danger Den MCT-5 liquid. Because the reservoir is designed so badly with the positioning of the opening I have spilled this stuff before and nothing has happened. My hard drive and cd burner were coated in it and they didn't fry. Plus it seems to give great temps.

I really do like my Ehiem 1250 pump. I haven't heard much about these pumps here, but I've got to say this sucker has been doing its job.

77 Bonneville heatercore is the only way to go.

So my rant is over...I just realized that I really don't like my res or my vid block so I thought I would share. I've got a chance to get a Silverprop HL for $30 and I was wondering if the 6800 fittings would work for a 7800GT? (I'm guessing they will, but it never hurts to ask)

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
$30??? Wow that's great, I've only seen them here for $50+ The picture shows that it has 4 screws which is what you'll need for the 6800/7800 cards. Those cards are the exact same thing underneath... same holes that is. The mounting hardware will work.

It looks like a great block and I'm wondering how many degrees different it is compared to my Maze4.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts