Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I buy this RAM? Seems like a super good deal. Wicked sick fast RAM for DDR2... I could run this at 3-3-3-8 @ "DDR2 800". EDIT: I'm fine with dealing with mail-in rebates.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227406

I always friggin look on Newegg. They are my fav, but where else should I look for fair price & good customer service nowadays?

Thanks, OCN.
-Slink

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it really IS a good DEAL?!?! OH NOES!!1 BUYER PANIC!! Must... click... buy...

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought it!

Dudes, for this RAM, I'll gladly saw a bit off of the Gigabyte 3D rocket cooler I have.

I gotta take the cooler off to lap it anyway!
Thanks for teh help, OCN homies.

EDIT: Yayyy! Excited.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
that actually looks like a really good deal.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mnishimura00
View Post

that actually looks like a really good deal.

That's welcome news, as I just purchased it.
Thanks.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was trying to get super tight timings at DDR2-800 with it, but I couldn't seem to get it right. I don't know enough about RAM timings. Volted it to 2.3v and it stayed pretty cool tho. Back down to 2.2v now, running at 800-5-5-5-15, unfortunately... any help?

My mobo can't go past 800 until a bios upgrade. :p

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Im not good with memory, or any kind of settings, other then CPU multi, fsb and voltage. When it comes to memory, i dont know how to get it stable

But these are settings that have worked for me

667Mhz 3-3-3-9 2.1v
1000Mhz 4-4-4-12 2.1v
1190Mhz 5-5-5-15 2.1v

I think its my mother board because it didnt matter if i bumped it up from 2.1v to 2.3v, it couldnt get any better settings then these, and these are at stock volts.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Infinitegrim
View Post

Im not good with memory, or any kind of settings, other then CPU multi, fsb and voltage. When it comes to memory, i dont know how to get it stable

But these are settings that have worked for me

667Mhz 3-3-3-9 2.1v
1000Mhz 4-4-4-12 2.1v
1190Mhz 5-5-5-15 2.1v

I think its my mother board because it didnt matter if i bumped it up from 2.1v to 2.3v, it couldnt get any better settings then these, and these are at stock volts.

That would be good information if you could supply the overall CPU frequency. Without that information, I'm not sure how to interpret the timings you gave. Thanks, tho! Got CPU speeds for me?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts