Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
You can get windows 10 keys from scdkeys for $10. Worked for me.

1080Ti could be obsolete by black friday 2018.

Lots of corsair parts?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, there are a lot of Corsair parts, due to them having a pretty great quality, and they look fantastic. 1080Ti can stop being the BEST video card by the Black Friday of 2018, but it still will be a damn great one. Thanks for the reply!

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,021 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am planning to add some more RAM, and a couple more SSDs, and maybe even another 1080Ti in a couple years ;). Thanks for the answer!

·
Registered
153 Posts
congrats on your sound card choice.
i have a sound blaster Z and it sounds fantastic. albeit you need a good headset to pair it with.

I got the Phillips fidelio X2. it's terrific for movies, games, and Music (You can VERY clearly hear the difference between a FLAC and a mp3 with this. Games and movies are just incredible). for games you have an option in the drivers to emulate 3D sound on stereo headphones, and it works perfectly. (desactivate it for music)

Got the headphone for 300$ used on local classified ads. Bought it from a compulsive audiophile guy, so it was in mint condition. Best 300$ i ever spent for my PC !

To have a comparason point, my headphones sounds better than the pair of quite high-end M-audio BX5a I also have.
It equals my beloved Megaworks 550 5.1 kit I used 10 years ago.

PS : don't push the sound more than 20% ! the sound car send a lot of current to the headphone and it's very loud quickly

Also, for this money, i may look into a graphic card with an AOI watercooling attached (like the vega 64 Watercooling edition) it should exist in 1080Ti flavour

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yeah, I thought about getting a water-cooled graphics card, but to be honest Zotac Amp Extreme Edition seems like a perfect choice in my case:
a) It is actually pretty cheap for a 1080ti
b) It has amazing overclocking potential, that is pretty much on the same level as EVGA or Asus.
And I was thinking about getting headphones at around like 150$ tops. I am currently thinking about https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LPR9KD...olid=3JWCSCABICJYX&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it. But if you know something better that costs less than 150$, then that would be very helpful :). Thanks for a reply!
P.S. I don't want to sell my kidneys to buy a 500$ headphones ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
honestly, I tried a lot of headphones, even something like the MH-50 is not match against the fidelio X2

just try them if you can !

also i did not spent 500$, but 300$CAD , so more like 250$USD.
check the classified adds, the people that own this kind of stuff takes great care of their hardware.

the guy i bought it from sold it because he owned like 3 pairs of high-end audiophile headphones.
he was like using it 3 times in a month, and put it away in it's box in between.

PS : the link you provided is about low-end 50$ headphone wich would sound the same on your motherboard and on the soundblaster z

·
Premium Member
20,315 Posts
The Zotac AMP Extreme is a great card.

Maybe invest a bit more in CPU cooling? To spend that much on a rig and only invest 60 bucks in CPU cooling is not the best idea. I've steered away for Corsair AIO's as I had two fail in the past.

If you want to go AIO, have a look at the Swiftech units. Far more expensive but much better quality and expandable if desired.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am pretty sure even if I find something fantastic, it most likely will be already bought, because I am planning on buying everything during the Black Friday.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, sound cards are always a reason for arguments, but at least in my opinion, even if I leave the sound card out, I still won't have enough money for an extra SSD or RAM, and I am pretty sure that everything else is already pretty maxed out. Thanks for the answer!

·
Avid Memer
5,953 Posts
We don't know what products will release between now and Black Friday. There's rumors Nvidia will release the GTX 1180 toward the end of July, which is speculated to be about 20% better than the GTX 1080 Ti. Intel should be releasing an 8-core mainstream processor at some point this year, but we don't have any clues as to when. If I had to pick from parts available today, it would be as follows:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($346.90 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler ($67.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($239.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($215.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($196.01 @ Amazon)
Storage: Toshiba - P300 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB SC Black Edition Video Card ($749.99 @ B&H)
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C Dark TG ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($96.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($95.89 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Acer - XB271HU bmiprz 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor ($599.99 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Logitech - G810 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard ($99.85 @ OutletPC)
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse ($49.00 @ Dell)
Total: $2923.26
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-06-10 22:08 EDT-0400

I've tried all-in-one liquid cooling before and I don't think I'll ever give it a chance again. The pump on mine failed in less than a month. Before it failed, it was obnoxiously loud and I couldn't sleep with my system running like I could before installing the Nepton 140XL. I have since reinstalled the TRUE.

The RAM I picked has tighter timings. If you don't care about spending the extra money for that, stick with what you picked out.

Consider swapping the NVMe SSD for an AHCI SSD with double the capacity. You wouldn't really feel the difference in performance except in drive-intensive tasks.

Case is purely preference. I think plastic panels and RGB fans look tacky. I like the minimalist appearance of the Meshify C Dark TG. I just built a system in the mini version and it was a very good experience.

Keyboard and mouse are preference. I picked out that specific pair for my sister's gaming setup and really like it. I'll probably pick up that mouse for myself because it feels a lot better than the Lachesis I have currently. I might never replace my Deck motherboard, but if I did, that keyboard would be in the running.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts