Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I just installed a thermaltake watercooling kit to my pc and was checking the temps of my cpu (Athlon 64 X2 4000+). Iam idleing at 34C and my full load temps are 40C at stock speed. The temps seem to be pretty high with watercooling i think. Shure could use some opinions on this matter regarding the temps. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Are we talking about the BigWater here?

I've heard much talk around here that with kits like those, you typically get the same results as a high-end air cooling setup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Its a bigwater kit and so far your right i was getting just about the same temps with my big typhoon cooler. Also just to point out i did not use the the Ethylene Glycol instead i used distilled water with water wetter.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Z3R0Element
View Post

Yeah Its a bigwater kit and so far your right i was getting just about the same temps with my big typhoon cooler. Also just to point out i did not use the the Ethylene Glycol instead i used distilled water with water wetter.

Yeah, you shouldn't expect much from that bigwater kit, or ANY TT kit for that matter. A lot of it has to do with the fact that it has a single 120mm rad, which will have about the same or less dissipation area as a big HSF that takes a 120mm fan, then you factor in the tiny tubing and inferior pump, and you have a recipe for fail.

Also keep an eye on that waterblock, they are known to crack and give your PC a nice shower

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so i was just wondering what temp monitor is more accurate Core Temp or OCCT.
With Core Temp iam reading 34C @ idle and 45C @ full but with OCCT iam getting 12C @ idle and 22C @ load

·
Registered
317 Posts
see what temps you get with realtemp

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
Try Everest Ultimate Edition

1 - 12 of 12 Posts