Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some cable management last night, finished it plugged everything in, and I had a endless reboot loop. So I took out 1 stick of ram, booted, then I reversed the RAM, like left one switched to right one, and it booted. But.. I notice something strange, maybe it happened before but I didn't notice until now, the fan on my Hyper 212 spins for 1 second on start off boot, stops, 3 seconds later, jsut before the beep of the mobo, it starts back up normally. Should I be worried?
btw, while cable managing, I did unplug everything and plug eveyrthing back, but in different places..

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sata ports were plugged in different places, but in correct slots. If you didn't understand what is the problem is, let me rephrase that.

Straight off the bat of pushing on the power button, the fans spins for 1 seconds, and stops, to the point that it does stop, then half a second before it the moherboard beeps, the fan turns and goes back to normal. Probably happened before, but never payed attention, just want to make sure it's nothing wrong. Considering that I did had a reboot loop.

·
Registered
560 Posts
A momentary spin up of the CPU fan is normal as the BIOS checks for RPM from the CPU fan during POST (power on self test). I don't see how that would be related to the reboot loop. One way to verify would be to go into the BIOS and disable the CPU fan alarm temporarily this should keep it from checking for RPM input from the CPU fan during the POST process
If the reboot is after the beep then it is most likely due to something windows is doing during load, this assumes that the beep is normal for given board. I have seen boards that give a single short beep at the completion of the POST process and others do not.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to use the stock cooler, it wasn't like this, it spun nonstop upon boot, no halt. It was random reboots BEFORE it posted. The reboot loop all happened before the beep. It would shut down half a second after boot, a couple seconds after boot, but just before the speaker posts. It just makes me feel a bit paranoid that the fan spins for 1 second and doesn't spin until another 3 seconds just before the post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.