Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attn: All fellow O/C's.

I Outlaw am down for a few weeks for the wurst has happened to me.
Not just any bobo. But human error on my behalf.

I was changing a rear fan out on the back of my case and all went well.
Right up to the point were every thing went black. No power. No fans. No nothing.
And you all no that distinctive smell you get when somethings burning. ((Electrical))

Yes i just pushed the wires ((Fan)) up to the top of the mobo. Not being very efficient about it, like i usually do. ((My bad)).
Well the sleeving i had on the fan wires was touching one of the heat sink on the mobo. So with me saying this, the plastic had melted on to the mobo and the next thing i new all went black.
I have photos that i will upload when i get back up.

So attn: CPU BURNERS folding team.
I'm going to be down for about 3 to 4 weeks.
I am stepping down from the team, so that you may get someone else folding for ya. I will understand.

Well to finish this off.
I have to say i have been one of the lucky ones, that didn't have very many issues with my overclock, and i am quit proud of what i have been able to accomplish with this system.

PS:
I was thinking about how lucky i was last Friday. GO FIGURE

So Happy Overclocking all. I will return soon.

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
*Silence*

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lohoutlaw

Attn: All fellow O/C's.

I Outlaw am down for a few weeks for the wurst has happened to me.
Not just any bobo. But human error on my behalf.

I was changing a rear fan out on the back of my case and all went well.
Right up to the point were every thing went black. No power. No fans. No nothing.
And you all no that distinctive smell you get when somethings burning. ((Electrical))

Yes i just pushed the wires ((Fan)) up to the top of the mobo. Not being very efficient about it, like i usually do. ((My bad)).
Well the sleeving i had on the fan wires was touching one of the heat sink on the mobo. So with me saying this, the plastic had melted on to the mob and the next thing i new all went black.
I have photos that i will upload when i get back up.

So attn: CPU BURNERS folding team.
I'm going to be down for about 3 to 4 weeks.
I am stepping down from the team, so that you may get someone else folding for ya. I will understand.

Well to finish this off.
I have to say i have been one of the lucky ones, that didn't have very many issues with my overclock, and i am quit proud of what i have been able to accomplish with this system.

PS:
I was thinking about how lucky i was last Friday. GO FIGURE

So Happy Overclocking all. I will return soon.

So....are you not going to visit the us at the site anymore until you get your rig back up? You don't have to leave!!

·
Banned
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Question for all?

Is there any chance that i may have fried my CPU or RAM?
Photo attached were the issue accurred.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
its a good board you just lost too... :/

I highly doubt you damaged anything other than the mobo but it is possible so try to test everything asap... you should send the board to me, Ill try a resurrection...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Im sorry for your loss...
Hey, maybe this is a good time to squeeze in an upgrade!!

or not...

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
That is just terrible! The only thing worse than frying a part, is frying a part and knowing that it was something you could have avoided. =(

Sorry man.

On a bright note, love your desktop wallpaper there
I have a 69 Camaro and one of the Limited Anniversary Edition 2002 SSs.

I'll keep my fingers crossed only the board died

1 - 17 of 17 Posts